Thursday, June 23, 2011

Our Friends...Bittersweet Moments...

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels.  ~Author Unknown~


Yesterday was a bittersweet day in our lives...We had our possible last playdate with friends, and a family we have grown to know and love over the last 3 years...They currently live about 10 minutes from us because the husband went to a Bible College here also this past year. However, school is now over and they are patiently waiting to see where God leads them. Today he has a interview and if he gets the job then they will be moving 1500 miles away...sometime between now and September. Their 2 little ones have went to visit family for the next 6 weeks and have no return flight booked at this time, they are hoping that God will just show them where to go and they can do that while the little's are gone...Its bittersweet for me because the mom and I have grown really close as friends this past year God has allowed us to share in a new place in our lives, I am very happy for them and want them to grow and follow God's calling for their lives, however parts of me want to be greedy and keep a friend here by praying its not their time just yet, but that is selfish and not how God wants us to be as His children. Today my little girl is sad, confused, and a little heartbroken. Her best friend, she may not see again for a really long time, until God crosses our paths again. She doesnt understand the whole thing, and at 6 who really would have the mind to understand. She just knows that I dont know when her friend is coming back right now...I am sure in a few more days to another week or so it will sink in even more to her...I told her we could write to them and stay in touch while they are gone, but I know even that will not fill the gap in her little heart like her friend would...


Watching a child's laughter teach a candle's flame how to dance.  ~Dr. SunWolf~


Remembering all the time the kids spent together, laughter that was heard, tears that were shed, and moments in time they will never forget. I am sure when they are older they will look back and still think of each other as best friends. I am thankful they got to share the day together, and enjoy those last moments they could possibly have together even though neither of them know it for real yet...Knowing that in some way they got to say See you soon makes it easier for everyone...I wish them the best in their new journey, and pray they follow what God has planned for them...I know at some point in our lives we will meet up again and share all the stories we have missed out on in each others lives...Until then, we will pray that God grants us with another group of friends to in some way take the spot that is now going to be empty in some way...and peace in our hearts, even the little ones...


Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, and somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends.  ~Author Unknown~
"Never forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours." ....----Ludwig Van Beethoven 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...