Thursday, June 23, 2011

Our Homeschool Curricula 2011-2012...

*Note* Earlier in my blog I posted what we would be using for our children this coming year, after much prayer and thought, I have chosen to return those items and start fresh with something that will appeal to my children's interest and love of learning, and that holds God as the center of our schooling...Below is what we will be using this year for homeschool...I also deleted that prior post!


GABY-1st Grade:

Bible: Ace PACEs Bible books 1-12

Art: I can do All things-How Great Thou Art Curricula

Math: Singapore Math 1A-1B

History: Story of the World Book 1; 
along with people we choose to learn about

Science: Our Father's World/ God's Wonderful Works; 
along with science kits and activities I planned for the year

Spanish: Speedy Spanish Premier

Handwriting: Handwriting without Tears 1st grade

Reading/Phonics: Explode the Code Books 1,1.5, maybe 2;
along with Library time and reading a chapter book a month aloud 

Theme/Unit Studies: We will use Amanda Bennetts Unit Studies 
and I chose themes based on my childrens interest to use each month of school
Example: July-Animals & Nature, August-Transportation, etc...

Music: We will learn about instruments by using books from the library
and listening to various types of music and composers through the year


Andrew-Pre-K:

Workbooks: R&S A-H series
which covers all basics such as numbers, colors, shapes, letters, etc...

Handwriting: Handwriting without tears preschool book

Reading/Phonics: Explode the code A,B,C series

Science: The World God Made

Bible/Art: Art & Bible for children- How Great Thou Art Curricula

History: He will join me and big sister for this when we talk about people
we have chosen to learn about for the month

Theme/Unit Study: We will use Amanda Bennetts Unit Studies 
and I chose themes based on my childrens interest to use each month of school
Example: July-Animals & Nature, August-Transportation, etc...

Music: We will learn about instruments by using books from the library
and listening to various types of music and composers through the year

Isaiah-2yo:

This little guy will follow along with whatever we are doing!
He will be learning hopefully his numbers through 10, colors, and some letters...
Most of all he is to play and learn through all sorts of fun toys and games
with us...I am sure he will be a mess this year(:

I believe this list fits my children on their level more so then a boxed curricula does. I want to venture and let my children venture in their learning styles and interests. Its about 2 weeks until we begin school for the 2011-2012 school year, I hope you will check and see what we are doing and I plan to post all sorts of things of this new year, including their new school pictures! I hope all you mom's have found the perfect fit for your child this year and have fun learning(:   Blessings!

What are you using this year?  Anything new?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it will be a fun filled year!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...