Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our Steps...



These steps have heard many stories, held many tears, caught a cool breeze, and trampled many times! These steps have been the place to talk, laugh, cry, sit in the night and hear the crickets, or in the mornings with a cup of coffee...These steps seem to be the place we always venture to at our house...


Hubby and I can share stories of our day, tears of sadness or laughter, dreams we have for days to come, goals we want to meet together, and thoughts of where we will be in many years to come...


They hold the talks I have had with my children, the laughter that my children have had sitting on them, wet sticky mess from popsicles, and they have been trampled up and down by tiny feet...each.and.every.day.


The steps seem to be a place in our home where we can talk as a couple, a parent and child, friends, family, and people you meet every day of life. I like to sit and think on these steps, about all sorts of things. I like to pray on these steps and talk to God about what all is happening and what is yet to come....


These steps helped me through a long year of being alone, waiting for my husband to come home at night from class, to share all of what he has learned. They helped me realize many times that even in the still of the night I am not alone with my thoughts no matter where I am, God is always there beside me. They were my seat on the cold nights when I wrapped myself in a blanket and just sat listening and thinking about many things that either were going on or things I didnt know were yet to come my way...


They are the place that I enjoy most with my husband and children, sharing the stories we need or want to share, listening to my childrens imagination explode and listening to their take on life. They are the spot of many phone calls to the people in life I cherish the most...I am sure if the steps could talk they would share some amazing bittersweet moments from our life, and maybe the people who lived in our home before us. They seem to be "the spot" for us, to share our days, hopes, dreams, and moments in life...

Do you have a favorite spot of the house?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite place is in the hammock. All our conversations seem to take place there. To hear the laughter of kids in it like when my grandbabies are here and enjoying it. Last time we attempted to put 3 adults and 3 kids in the hammock. That was a bad idea but created of fun memory that I will treasure the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...