Friday, July 15, 2011

Week 1 In Review...


WOW! What a week, Im exhausted...I really am...I knew having 3 kids and being pregnant would drain a person but so does home schooling...I dont think there is a home schooling mother out there that doesnt have draining days from time to time...

*

Our week went by rather quickly. This week we talked about all sorts of animals/nature which is our theme for the month. We talked about Caterpillars, Butterflies, Ladybugs, Cats, etc...We also discussed plants and started growing our bean sprouts! Yep, they rooted and we planted them Thursday, I hope they sprout soon so I can take more photos(:  We talked about plants and seeds also, mainly for Explorer because she needed something a bit more challenging then animals to talk about...She learned the parts of a plant, and made all sorts of things that go with the plant theme!

*

The kids all did great on their work! Explorer is doing better with her reading/phonics and great with her math. Engineer is doing great with all of his work as well. He mainly did the letter Ff in his Handwriting book. Pilot just colored and painted away with us, he sorted some teddy bears but really could care less as long as he had something to do while we worked. 

*

The kids had a ton of fun and so did I watching them learn and progress the first week of school. It was hard trying to get into some what of a new routine of our days, however I think I have it figured out for the most part! I think I also have figured out some ways the kids learn that are new to me! They are all very hands on, which may mean we do more crafts/projects/games then most...but hey, whatever works! Thats the fun thing about home schooling, you can improvise to each child!

*

Well that has been our week, feel free to search older posts if you want to see things we did on certain days! I hope everyone has a great relaxing weekend! Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a restful weekend after such a busy week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...