Friday, September 02, 2011

The day I havent been waiting for...

The day I havent been Oh so thrilled about has finally decided to peek around the corner of the weekend. Sigh...Tuesday Hubby goes back to night school. I have dreaded this day for Oh SO Long. Hoping that the summer would last so much longer and that just maybe the school would burn down have a delay so he couldnt go just yet...(I know evil thoughts) but I am being honest. I hate this part of my year. I do. I cant help it. I feel almost as lost as a military wife does when her spouse is deployed. I mean I know I can still talk to my husband, or text him on the phone or now play scrabble via android while he is supposed to be listening in class, but its not the same as having him at home. Nothing beats having your spouse at home, it takes some of the load off of you, however my load has now increased once again. I am back to being the main parent so to speak, the main house cleaner, laundry doer, bath time referee, meal maker, dog watcher, and bed time story reader. Not to mention my own tasks of school, and the woes of pregnancy. This year is however bittersweet and I know it, its his final year, he graduates this year and we will be off to new and better things, I graduate this year, although I will still be at home at least I have a degree to fall on in the future, and we welcome a baby this year too. Still even with all the joy of knowing not much longer to hold on, still my heart aches knowing I will once again in a way be alone. I am dreading Tuesday, dreading seeing my babies all lined in front of the window waving at their daddy leave,dreading them asking for him the million times before bed, dreading putting them to bed and them wanting a hug from him, and all the while knowing he will be home....later...dreading the only time we actually have a full family is on the weekends...sigh...I know we will all be ok, and that we will get back into a routine, the beginning will be hard, but we will survive just as we always have. I am so thankful I dont have to say goodbye for a year to my spouse due to military, I am thankful its ministry he was called to instead. I dont think I would survive being a military wife. I  give them major props for what they go through. I am just not that strong...


I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.  ~Mother Teresa~



If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem.  Everything else is inconvenience.  ~Robert Fulghum~

Summer Memories:






















I hope you all have a great weekend. Enjoy the cooler weather with family and friends!
Blessings....


1 comment:

  1. You made me want to cry reading this post. I wish we were closer to help you, but nothing replaces a spouse (not even this mother in law, LOL) Anyway, tears were building and then came the pictures...it took everything I had not to let it all out and burst into tears. What fun times you all have and you're creating memories for those babies that will be with them forever. Love you Kris! Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...