Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pregnancy Week 32: Bed Rest...


{My New Best Friend}
Yesterday I went to the doctor for some swelling, it was a LONG appointment, due to my history of high blood pressure and preclampsia they wanted to run tests, due a ultrasound, and of course the non stress test. So needless to say my appointment that typically would have taken 20 minutes took 4 hours. Yep, it was a bittersweet 4 hours, I was nervous and scared of what the outcome would be because I was spilling protein, so although my I was uncertain of what they were going to be doing, I was very happy to see the baby on the ultrasound. The heartbeat was in the 150's, fluid levels were ok not great but ok, and I got to see little chubby baby hands...still no profile shot the baby wont turn its head for us, it likes looking inward(:  Sigh...and no I didnt ask at all what the baby is, still a secret...After they did the ultrasound in the office they send me over to L&D for the rest of the testing, labs and the NST, thankfully both of those came back normal. I was having contractions but they were slight and not enough for anyone not even me to say anything...So, in the end due to my blood pressure being off and my slight swelling Dr. has decided to put me on the dreaded
  BED REST...now the bed rest isnt supposed to be moderate, its full bed rest, meaning that I am NOT in any way shape or form supposed to clean, cook, shop, lift anything heavy, pretty much my whole life as a wife and mom, yea not happening right now apparently...
     

Not that I seriously mind not cleaning, its the fact that hubby already has his plate full and seriously my job as a wife or a stay at home wife is to take care of the house and the kids...yes not vacuuming will literally make me sick, we have a furry dog, and kids that run in and out and well spill crumbs in places and you know your every day living creates mess that needs to be cleaned up...The vacuum is my dear friend and I am anal about stepping on things on my floors wood or carpet...but my dear friend has to have a new user at this moment...

This actually doesnt bother me, I actually hate shopping, well the shopping I do when I have to leave and walk around for a hour buying groceries and household items...I love browsing other stores and I do all the kids shopping online, so really this one is just moderated to me(:  If I window shop online hubby can handle groceries for now, well I think he can...hmmm...this shall be interesting! 

Overall not only the Dr. has told me to stay on bed rest but I got a call from Hubby this morning asking how I was, of course my reply was fine, Im tired but Im ok, he says well if there is anything that you can leave for me LEAVE IT...he practically stuck his finger in my face like you do when you tell your kids no or something...I am to leave whatever he can do to him, I am not to do anything...fine...you want my job you can have it, well for now, but we better be eating something besides Hamburger Helper and Mac and Cheese sir...I cannot live off those things nor do they appeal to my tastes right this moment...Call your mama if I cant help you out in the kitchen, let her walk you through the steps of cooking, shes teaching your brother, may as well have phone classes too(:   
Bed rest is apparently the orders for now, not sure how long I will have to stay on bed rest but we only have so many more weeks left until the due date...if I make it that long!

How would you handle bed rest?? Considering you have a house and kids to take care of...
Any suggestions for me?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...