Friday, October 28, 2011

Thoughts This Evening...

A mothers job is a mix of different things...all depend on your family...We all have many titles and wear many different hats from doctor to chef to taxi to even teacher. I know for myself I wear many hats, one comes off and immediately another plops down on my head, there is no break between them, I wear some hat 24/7...And so do most mothers, even fathers wear hats all day, theirs of course are different but that is because we have different roles and man and woman. God equipped us for different hats and duties...

The other night we went to have dinner with some friends of ours and let the kids play. While we were waiting for dinner to be finished cooking I was talking to my friend while Jimmy and her husband were outside letting the kids play in the snow...She was talking about her living room and painting which by the way looks really pretty...But a comment she made stuck out to me, she said "I work at home and I wanted it to feel like a home and comfortable place"...I thought about what she said on the way home and for the past few days since we had dinner...Although her job is different from my own, I too want that same thing for my own house. Since I "work" at home too just under a different title, I still need my home to be kid friendly, adult friendly, be equipped with tons of educational and learning toys, while being equipped with adult things too...

I have been planning out the kids next year school things, and thinking about what is most important for myself and the kids to have a good balance for us all...I have thought about what will make my "job" easier and the kids "job" more fun and entertaining while still very educational. I also have to have a good balance for myself to function and be organized...My husband works as a transmission mechanic his "job" requires "tools" literally tools...My "job" is motherhood and it too requires "tools" different tools, one of my titles is teacher and to fulfill that "job" I need my "tools" which are learning materials for my children...to be able to teach them what I feel is best and what I feel God has lead me too, I need my "tools"...

So, I have been planning my "tools" list and praying all the while doing so for God's awesome guidance in this area! I am so thrilled with what He has lead me too, I think He knows my children better then I and I would obviously want His wonderful guidance upon what to be teaching and showing them...He lead me to home school and He should be included in the decision of my purchases...

Overall, I believe that a mother carries many titles, and wears many hats 24/7...We never actually stop doing a job, we mostly never leave our work behind, we carry our clients everywhere we go, and our boss, well my boss is God and I have to answer only to Him about my work...Thankfully I am a blessed wife by my wonderful Husband to be able to stay home and do my "job" even if it at times drives me insane and other times makes me cry tears of complete joy and happiness I would never change my "job" if I had the choice...I love my "job", the people I work with, my paycheck of hugs, kisses, and I love you's...or the fact that each day is just simply rewarding no matter what kind of day it is, there is always a lesson to be learned in that day...

*Blessings*

27 days until our induction day...who knows baby may come earlier(:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...