Thursday, November 10, 2011

37 Weeks Pregnancy Update...

{size comparison of baby at 37 weeks gestation} 

Stats: obviously judging by the picture at 37 weeks baby's size is comparable to a small watermelon, 18-20 inches in length, and a typical baby is about 6.5lbs gaining about a ounce a day. Baby is practicing blinking, gripping, sucking, inhaling and exhaling now...they are also getting their body ready for the nice lovely first bathroom break...

My Stats as of 11/9: I went to the doctor yesterday evening for my normal routine of tests, I had a NST(non stress test) done which showed my contractions to be pretty consistent and the baby being reactive. The ultrasound was fine, the doctor did discover that the baby is weighing more then expected, at a estimated 8lbs right now. Fluid levels and baby looked just fine, however he wants to more then likely induce me at 38 weeks{Isaiahs delivery was a bit rough due to his size of almost 9lbs and of course my height being only 5'3"} so since my doctor knows of this he wants to hopefully avoid a C-section at all costs and just induce me early. He also doubts I will make it actually through next week due to the consistency of the contractions, which is fine by me...the sooner the better in my opinion! So, with that said my next appointments are next Monday and Thursday, and on Thursdays appointment he will decide what to do about the induction...Oh my BP was fine, a little higher then it has been but still in normal range!

My Thoughts: I believe its finally setting in that this baby could possibly come at any given time. I think the most shocking is realizing in about a week I will know who has been invading my insides for the past 9 months, I can put a face and name to this little blessing...Its also setting in that I will be a mom again, to another little person who will impact this world in some awesome way...That Isaiah will no longer be the baby of the family{of course all my kids will always be my babies}...That Isaiah is going to be a big brother for the first time! Many thoughts play into my mind now because any day could be "The Day"...That our life is about to change so much more then expected I am sure just due to adding in another member...I keep wondering how things will be once the baby comes and we introduce the kids to their new sibling, how it will be when we bring the baby home, how those first few weeks will go, and just who this little person will be...
I am still thinking this baby is a girl, but you know there is a 50/50 chance here and whatever it is we will love it just the same...Gaby may tell me to send it back, she said no more boys, but umm, I cannot help that! 

Well that is the pregnancy update for now...will keep things posted as they come!...If for some reason I dont post for a while then umm, yea its because the baby decided to come...or because I am just to exhausted to update my blog...one or the other...Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...