Thursday, November 24, 2011

Our Birth Story...

Monday 11/14 I go to the doctor for my regular NST appointment, had some contractions but NOT dilated a bit...


Thursday 11/17 I return to the doctor for my regular OB appointment, ultrasound, and NST...everything looked great however the baby still looked large by the ultrasound and with my high blood pressure we went ahead and scheduled a induction for 11/20...I was also dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced...


Friday 11/18 had a ton of contractions, walked with hubby outside, very uncomfortable, and went to bed thinking at some point my water would break...Nope nothing happened...


Saturday 11/19 re-packed everything for the hospital, cleaned the house, did laundry, errands, spent a ton of time with the kids and NOTHING happened...had a few contractions that day but nothing compared to Fridays...


Sunday 11/20 I woke up at 5:45AM to get ready to go to the hospital...I showered and listened to my Pandora playlist while hubby and the kids were still sleeping...had some contractions but nothing hurtful...my nerves were a mess of course with all the thoughts of what was coming up and how the kids would do and how much our family would change...after I got ready I woke up Jimmy and he got himself ready while I got the kids dressed and breakfast since their sitter would arrive by 7AM...they were excited that the baby was coming and soon it was time to leave for the hospital...


7:10AM we say goodbyes and head to the hospital...


7:30AM we walk through the hospital doors and go up to labor and delivery...they had our room all ready for us, so I signed a few papers and walked down that short hallway to our room...It was HUGE...I have never seen a room that big before actually...the nurse got us all ready and settled...she then checked me to see how far dilated I was before they started the pitocin...I was a 5 already! I was having contractions but they werent strong yet...So, before anything started with the induction I was already halfway there(:


8AM Nurse starts Pitocin and the my doctor comes in to talk to us...He was very shocked I was a 5 already and we laughed that either way the baby would have came that day!


9AM the Anesthesiologist came in the room and asked if I wanted to go ahead and get the Epidural because he would be tied up between 10-11AM...although I wasnt really feeling any pain yet I chose to go ahead and get it since I know my pain tolerance level...by 9:30 I had my epidural and Jimmy and I were still talking and laughing, we were still joking around with the nurse...I had dilated to 7...I was actually really happy with getting the epidural, I had the one on the pump with the button you can push which I had never had before but I loved being able push the button when I needed more medicine for pain rather then just all at once get it...


At 10:30 AM I had started feeling a lot of pressure, but was only a 8...although the pressure was awful I was still just hanging out and talking to Jimmy...the nurse started getting the room ready for the delivery.


At 11:15 AM I was 9.5cm dilated and feeling horrible pressure, so much so I could only breathe really hard through the contractions and say OW while squeezing Jimmy's hand and waiting for the doctor to get in the room...He finally walked in around 11:25AM and they got the bed fixed, the doctor got himself ready, and the nurses started flooding into the room...I started pushing and honestly I could still feel all the pressure so bad that it hurt to even push...The baby was apparently stuck, so I had to push through everything instead of being able to actually breathe, I felt like I was on fire, the nurse had to push on my stomach and the finally the baby came out at 11:42AM...We were told after a few minutes that the baby was in fact a BOY! 


He was bruised on the head and face due to being stuck...he passed all his testing though, he weighed 8lbs 8oz and was 20 inches long...Jimmy and I were very shocked that it was a boy, I think Jimmy moreso then I because I wouldnt allow myself to fully believe it was a girl...I am actually THRILLED to have another boy! After we got settled we switched to a postpartum room on the other side of the floor...Baby roomed with us and thanks to our sitter Jimmy stayed with me the whole time we were in the hospital(:  That actually made things so much easier for me knowing my husband was with me, I dont think I would have been able to handle anything that day or the next 2 days without him!...We got to come home on 11/22...


So far things in our home are great! The kids all love and adore Oliver...Oliver seems to have adjusted to life well so far, he sleeps and eats and poops like your typical baby, he doesnt fuss much and sleeps well at night only waking to eat or to have a diaper change. I have adjusted since the birth well also, not much pain, breastfeeding going great and I am loving not having my belly look like a huge oversized pumpkin any longer(:


Thanks for reading Our Birth Story...it was actually the most amazing, easy going labor I have ever had, of course the outcome was wonderful and finding out God blessed us with another son makes the whole thing even more worth while...Our family finally feels complete now, and we are so thankful to have Oliver as our son! 


*Blessings*


{Happy Thanksgiving From Our Family To Yours...}

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful birth story! Isn't that wonderful how God gave you the reassurance that your baby would have been born on that day!

    So happy for you all! Little boys rock! I have two of each...:) My little boys rule and we tell my girls that they drool. ;) (hehe, I love my girls, but they are in their 20's, so we mess with them a bit)

    Blessings in His name,

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. A miracle...so much to be thankful for and what a wonderful time to be born. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...