Thursday, November 03, 2011

The Little Things In Life...

Some days I just dont enjoy the little things...I complain about cleaning, cooking, schooling, the house, the car, or whatever is on my radar...I have done this for a long time...I know its more so now due to pregnancy hormones but in general I believe all of us forget to just enjoy the little things in life rather then complain about the non-important things in life...No one will die if the bathrooms arent cleaned weekly, no one will starve if dinner isnt ready by 5PM, nor will anyone will become uneducated if school hasnt started by 8AM...I think as mothers we are placed in a sticky role of trying to balance our husbands, our children, and our homes all at once and we get strapped down to the earthly things and life in general that we just simply forget that some things just dont matter so much...Last night I thought I would shower since I had cleaned all day long and just wanted to relax some before bed, while in the shower I had Pandora playing on my cell phone and a song came on that really got me thinking...Its called: One life to love by 33 Miles...I thought about my journey in motherhood and all the moments I am sure that I missed out on due to worldly blindness...All the moments I have missed out on with my husband due to worldly blindness, all the moments with family or friends that I have missed out on, the moments learning who I am, and the moments with God all due to worldly blindness...Dont get me wrong I have had some of the best moments in life when I remember to open my eyes and look toward the light rather then into the darkness of the world...But as humans we all fall short in areas of life, most areas of life, we arent perfect...However, the song made me realize that I am still missing out on so much of life due to worldly blindness...I get aggravated if the kids havent picked up their toys, made a mess with toothpaste, left shoes outside on the steps, made a mess at the table, ask a ton of questions...I get aggravated if my husband isnt home right when he says he will be, asks me whats for dinner, doesnt do dishes, leaves things in places and asks me where they are like his shoes...I get aggravated when I have to cook or clean or do laundry for the millionth time...however I am blessed to have a husband who loves me and takes care of his family, I am blessed to be a mother to soon to be 4 little blessings, I am blessed to have a home, a car, food on the table, clothes to even wear...I forget that sometimes...and I shouldnt, I should always remember that everything I have is a blessing from God, that the little things in life are the most important, that my kids will NEVER be little again and that I should be enjoying them and their day with them rather then always looking in the window I should be in the picture more often while letting others look in...I am thankful for my husband, my kids, my family and my life...I  am thankful that God granted me life and saved my life and walks with me in life each and everyday despite my faults...I am also thankful He shows me my faults whether it be from His word, a instance in life, or a song...Remember, we have worldly blindness its in all of us, we carry it everyday, but God grants us light if we look to Him, and the little things in life are the most important, as a mother enjoy each moment with your kids even when they are driving you nuts, they will not be little forever and one day you will miss these moments in life...Enjoy the time with your husband as a wife, again you will not get that moment back, we dont get a chance to redo our life, once things are said or done its a done deal...you have to move forward...so remember to cherish the moments you do have and get in the house rather then look through the window, let someone else do that, you may just change other people by letting them look inside your life...


The thief's purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life...~John 10:10 NLT~


The devil will try to blind us but God gives us light, His riches to us are the little things in life and even bigger things...but the devil will try to steal all those things and much more from us by worldly blindness and we must look to God and keep the light flowing, if not we let the devil win and we miss out on the most important things in our lives...


Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...