Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Little Swing Sleeper...

Oliver is now almost a month old{He will turn 1 month on Sunday}...The past few weeks although have been fun with having Jimmy home some and then his family here have been a little bit of a blur really...I think sleep is the most essential thing at this point really...Oliver at first in the hospital slept really well for the most part, your typical newborn waking every 1-2 hours, the first week we were home he slept decent in his crib but only during the day, at night he was fussy and wanted to be right with me or Jimmy...His 2nd week of life Jimmys parents were here and Oliver had been pretty much at night sleeping with me because that was the only way I could get him to sleep at night...One night while we were gone Jimmys parents decided to battery up the swing and Oliver LOVED it...he has slept in that swing pretty much ever since. He does sleep in his bouncer without any movement or vibration and on the couch if I lay him there but at night the swing is the thing to keep him sleeping! He instead of waking every hour will wake every 2.5-3 hours to eat, so I am getting some sleep now too(:  The only con is that now I have a Swing Sleeper...sigh...Jimmy said that its worth buying the batteries if Oliver is sleeping, I would say that I agree 100%...

The kids love Oliver, he really is just another little member of the family. They really dont notice him too much, they go on about their normalcy really and will ask questions about him here or there. I think once Oliver gets mobile they may not like that so much ;)  you know with all the slobbery toys, and him figuring things out while knocking over a set of blocks...oh well that is part of growing for Oliver and I am also sure he may be some good entertainment for them next Spring...

Jimmy and I have adjusted to having 4 littles now...Its really no different then having 2 or 3 in my eyes. You get used to having to carry a diaper bag again, wearing spit up{did that yesterday}...and you know all that normal baby stuff again. Then you try to think back to how life would be if you didnt have them and its just impossible really. I am now at the point again of feeling much better then I did a week ago, and I am adjusting fine to having them all home with me without Jimmy here{although come Friday Jimmy will be home at night unlike he has been for close to a month---schools winter break(:  We are thrilled}...

Cap on our week: its been interesting really, having Jimmys parents gone and nobody else to help occupy things here, I have figured it out for the most part. Thankfully I dont have to worry so much about dinner thanks to the meals that got frozen while my MIL was here(:  
Our days have really been just hang out and play days. The kids read books, play with all sorts of things, and we watch some TV...after dinner this week we have all curled downstairs and watched the Christmas shows on ABC family...I remember doing that when I was little with my cousin and grandparents and now I get to do it with my own little crew...I hope everyone has had a great week...Blessings!


1 comment:

  1. Now that he's opening his eyes and a little more alert...I really think Oliver looks a LOT like you!! So gorgeous. Glad he's fitting right in and that you found a way to get him to sleep...Duracell will love you. lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...