Friday, February 24, 2012

Checking-In...

Hi yall...we are still alive here...just plainly being a family and taking life for all its worth! I am truly happy that I have taken the time away from blogging, dont get me wrong but blogging, face-booking, phone calls all seem to take time away from our lives and to be honest I hated it, so I am soaking up the time away. But I figured I would share some updates here for everyone who actually keeps up with us...

-Oliver, is now 3 months old. He had a appointment a little over a week ago for shots and I asked for him to be weighed, he is now weighing in just under 15 lbs. He is talking and has recently started laughing some. He is awake a lot more now, sleeps great at night, and nurses like a pro(:

-Gaby, is now 7...her birthday was the 20th and we took her to eat at Texas Roadhouse on childs night, she got the birthday song and they had a person there to make balloons so she got a unicorn balloon, the boys got swords. She got a new bike, a barbie, a blanket from her great grandmother, and we got her a new bedding set and painted the top half of her walls purple, leaving the bottom the light/dark pink stripes. We will take her this weekend to get ice-cream...

-Make-Overs, yep we are finally re-doing our bedroom, I have gotten every single thing we need, and painting will be happening over the weekend, I actually plan to take pics of it all afterwards and post it here. I think its time we ditch our childhood furniture and past and do our room in something we love that fits us as a couple....in doing that you get modern meets antiques(:

-Home-Schooling is still happening however it is just the basics, my plan is to do them hard-core and go back and review some things with Gaby, she needs it...taking the break after Oliver came along really threw her off...mostly in math and reading but we will get back into the groove. I also wanted to go ahead and say that next year we will NOT be home schooling any longer, I feel God has showed me that its ok for my children to be in public school at this point, I also think that if I want to test the waters I should do it while they are young and can pull them out without any upsets if it doesnt work. And with the position we are in it just fits our family for the season our life is in. I will still keep blogging but it will come from a different direction. Gaby will be in 2nd grade and Andrew will be in Kindergarten, Isaiah and Oliver will be home with me!

-Events: its 36 days until my birthday(:  I feel like I am 40 but I am only a little over half that in age...I will hold my youth as long as possible...its 8 weeks until Jimmy goes to Nicaragua for his missions trip, he hasnt even left yet and when I think about I already miss him to the point of tears, yes my friend Amber and  my mom and sister will be here for those whole 8 days BUT it will NOT be the same as having my other half with me...at night I know it will literally kill me...its only 11 weeks until Jimmy graduates from CBC too...I am thrilled to see where God leads him in his own personal journey...I will start CBC this coming Fall and I am absolutely thrilled to be honest...

-Weather where we live: has been crazy, one day in the 60's the next snowing...but I am thankful to say winter is almost OVER...I think its the worst season of all for me...I hate it, the cold, the dead things, and I miss the life of the other seasons...

Well that is all the up-dates I can think of at this moment...I hope you all are doing well...Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So many changes! Oliver sounds like a perfect little addition. Glad that he is such an easy guy to deal with.

    Happy Birthday to you and to Gaby!

    Good luck with putting the children in public school! I hope they love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...