Friday, March 16, 2012

Cottage School...

I posted a while back that we are NOT going to be home schooling any longer at this time. I have poked around between: Public, Charter, & Cottage school programs in our area the past few months, slowly browsing my way from each and looking at other things, taking into account the personalities of my children, their abilities, and even our family. About a week ago I came in contact with a wonderful lady who started a Cottage school in our area. She is was a home schooling mother herself of 4 and runs this school like a charm. We have a total of 8 weeks left in our own home school so since this school has only 8 weeks left too, we chose to go ahead and enroll the kids the rest of the year and then they will go all of next year. They go M-W-F from 9-3...M-W is all core subjects while F is all fun(:   I will also be volunteering my time and helping where they need help currently....

Monday is the first day...I can tell you that my kids are about to burst with excitement. They are such social people that living in a city 1500 miles away from all their family and friends isnt much their style, so Cottage school is the perfect solution for us.

Now we may not choose to continue this program but for now, in our current situation, this is the BEST thing for our family.

All in all we are onto new adventures. God has really shown our family all new terrain(:  I hope you guys have a great Friday and awesome weekend...Blessings...

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of a 'cottage' school? What does that mean and how does it differ from the others? We have Montessori here, is it similar to that? (Child led learning)
    I pray the kids LOVE their new adventure and that it is a good fit for your littles.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...