Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Taking care of the LADY of the house...

I dont know about you but I consider myself The Lady of the house. I actually just finally realized that I need to feel as important as I consider myself...The other day I was talking to God...yep, not myself like some think, but God...I was asking why the past few months I have just been in a rut...Plain as day I got this: Because of laziness/frumpiness...yep thats it...sums it all up...right in those 2 words...

Now I dont consider myself lazy when it comes to the house or my kids, however I have been lazy with myself. I shower here and there, its daily but most of the time its always in the late afternoon. I hardly wear if any makeup at all...My outfit consists of PJ's...and my hair is well horrid...I just dont have the time nor drive to get ready anymore...

After much thought, deep thought I should say, I decided that I didnt want that anymore...I need to get ready, do my hair, get dressed in something other then PJ's...and actually care that I am the woman of my home and need to take care of myself just as much as I do the other people in this home.

So to hold myself accountable I have chosen to blog about it...Yep you get to witness my everyday right here on this screen...My birthday is in 24 days. I know that I will get money/gift-cards from a few people. So my plans are to take that money and go thrift shopping for ME, not the kids, not my husband, not my house, but for my WARDROBE. I need clothes...I lost weight during pregnancy with Oliver and even after and well plainly I just dont have that much that fits me anymore...or looks nice. So, until I can do that I will work with what I have.

My plan is take pictures of something each day that I do for myself, whether it be a new make-up look I am trying out, a hair style, painting my toenails or whatever...I will do a weekly post on Saturday's telling you about it...and what I ask from you, the viewers of this blog, is to speak up, tell me your own ideas/things you do for yourself, share some websites you like to buy clothes/makeup even stores you shop...tell me what you think of what I post here...and most of all I hope you will share with me at least something that you did for yourself that week in my comments section, I do read those ladies and gents...

So, take a deep breath, saddle up, and get yourself ready for some fun Saturday nights...My first post dealing with this will be on 3/10...so keep your eyes open for it...

I hope you all have a great week, blessings!


1 comment:

  1. Well, you know as a cosmetologist that I just LOVE this idea. So many gorgeous and giving Momma's put everything ahead of themselves and forget to take care of themselves inside and out. Glad to hear that you are going to be taking care of yourself!! Can't wait to see the new looks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...