Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 5 of the CO Wildfires!

Today has been very interesting to say the least, I woke up around 6:30AM of course to the smell of smoke. Its day 5 of the wildfires here in CO and they dont look like they will be out anytime soon. Its upwards of 16,000 acres burned, homes engulfed by this massive fire, and over 1000 firemen and volunteers on the ground and in the air fighting the massive flames. As I have pondered throughout the day my mind stays on this massive fire, all the homes lost, material things of this world that people have lost, things people will never be able to replace. My heart hurts for them, thankfully our family is not in a evacuation area or right near the flames, it hasnt reached our side yet. Yesterday I had jury duty and honestly I was in complete shock as I sat in the car with my husband on I-25 watching those massive flames skip and hop over the ridge. I didnt know what to think or say, I dont think anyone going through this has any words to really say, its just complete shock...Due to the weather and winds the fire continues to grow. You can see ashe falling around you outside, little remnants of what once was a part of this city, part of someone's life here...Its so sad...




{All photos are linked and if you click them will take you to the original story}

Please keep CO in prayers, the citizens, and the men and women 
out there fighting this massive fire!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...