Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rudy: My Story {A Review}


A few weeks ago I received the book: Rudy: My Story by Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger with Mark Dagostino in the mail. I was thrilled because I had seen the movie some time ago and really LOVED it. The story is about a young man who has a dream of playing football for his favorite football team Notre Dame. The story tells about the mishaps in his journey and how he overcame them to accomplish his dream.  The book is slightly different in the sense its written from Rudy’s perspective of his own life, while the movie leaves certain things about his life out {I will not mention them because it takes away the excitement in the book}. I love that the book shares actual photos of Rudy’s journey in life, they add so much to the book. In the beginning of the book, Rudy says “An amazing thing happens when you take a leap of faith”. He states that he had heard it a million times but he had to live it to understand it. I believe that is a huge statement in this book, it’s all about taking leaps of faith and seeing where you go and how amazing your life can become. It’s a powerful message. Overall this book is amazing, again somewhat different then the movie but, to me personally I believe it’s better than the movie hands down.

{Disclaimer: I received this book from Thomas Nelson {Booksneeze} in exchange for a honest review. All opinions herein are that of my own.}

If you would like to purchase this book you can do so HERE. If you are interested in reviewing books and are a blogger, go HERE to sign up to Booksneeze, its free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...