Monday, October 01, 2012

Some Lovely Advice & A Help-Meet!


The famous seventeenthcentury Bible commentator, Matthew Henry, writes about Eve’s creation from Adam, “Eve was not made out of Adam's head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved.” {Article@ Answers in Genesis}

I have read and thought a lot about submission, however I have never heard of it put the way Matthew Henry said it. I have always looked at submitting to my husband like I would be beneath him, and I all wanted was to be his equal. I don’t want his job of authority, nor do I want to be the door mat that he wipes his feet on but only his equal. I came across that quote from Answers in Genesis and I loved it, I have thought about it ever since I read it. 


A lot of women have a huge misconception about submitting to their spouse, and I know that it is really difficult topic to express in a marriage or to anyone else in the Christian Community at times…It’s just a touchy topic!

In the article it also states that God created us equal {He made us from his image Gen. 1:27} and that within creating us equal He gave us different roles. That is true. We do not carry the same roles as our husbands. They are to be the authority of the home, and we are to be their helpmeet.

Helpmeet{A less common word for helpmate}: a helpful partner.

I want to be my husband’s equal; I want to be his helper. I want to be his other half just as he is mine. That is how God originally created it to be. That is how it is supposed to be.

A great piece of advice I have received recently by a lovely fellow blogger and cherished friend of mine Miss Blondee is: “Remember when you wake up to WANT to please your husband, as he needs to WANT to please you.”
This was passed along to her and she passed it along to me. I would say that it is a very lovely bit of advice and I am happy she shared it with me. It made me smile and warmed my heart. I will look at it on my behalf; I know that I do not want to be the cause of his hard day, the thorn that pierced his side, or the harsh words that stabbed his heart. I WANT to be the warm place he falls when he has had a hard day, the shoulder he leans on, the rock that helps hold him up, and the kind words that fill his day. I would hope he would say the same thing.

I hope you take some time to reflect on your own part in your marriage, see how you can better show God’s love to your spouse and beautify your marriage. If you are single, or a bride to be, think about how you want your marriage to be and how you can always show God’s love through your own actions and words.
Again I want to remind you that this is my own journey of submission and that I am in no way pointing my finger at anyone, I am only sharing with you the road I am choosing to walk down. If you have any further information you would like to suggest be it a article, a blog/website, a book, please feel free to suggest away(: I am happy to hear your thoughts, don’t be shy to share your thoughts! Have a wonderful evening!

{A special thank you: Thank you Miss Blondee for sharing your wonderful advice, I cannot begin to tell you how much that actually meant to me. You’re a wonderful friend!}


3 comments:

  1. That you are willing to share what you learn as you walk this path is awesome. God has amazing plans for you and I love getting to see you grow in Christ every day. You are becoming more of a Godly woman everyday!

    I love you Bestie and I love our talks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a wonderful adventure filled with blessings by our Father in Heaven and your handsome Knight.
    I've found that since I started my journey of being a submissive wife, "my love" is feeling the respect he has always desired and deserved which in turn flows downstream to me with tender loving kindness. And when I fail (we all do) he lifts me back up with a smile and no judgement. I look forward to the future with him as we grow closer to one another with God in the center of it all.
    Have fun with your journey and remember the rewards are spectacular. =)
    PS- Having friends like Blondee to support you and help you is a true blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...