Sunday, January 06, 2013

New Year New Things...


Wow, 2012 was crazy! I am so thankful that God blessed us with a new year and more time to follow the road He so uniquely created for us!

A bit of a catch up first: Our Christmas season was wonderful, we had a great time this year just as a family.  We took the kids out to Christmas lights which I had previously blogged about. And Jim was off for a 4 day weekend at Christmas this year, which was nice. On Christmas I made Jesus a birthday cake as I do every year, always something different, this year it was Snickers Cake {AMAZING}! I have made it once more after Christmas because it was so good! The kids got as follows: Gaby-Camcorder, 4 dolls {2 American Girl (passed down from a friend), and 2 Our Generation}and a horse for her dolls. Andrew & Isaiah- Military clothes, nerf guns, a football, legos, and a bow and arrow. Oliver-bath toys, a wooden music set, a fire truck, a pull string toy, and set of balls to throw around. Jim  got- a new cell phone, clothes, and a torch for work, I got- a new cell phone, purse and wallet, perfume, candles and lotion from bath and body works, a gift card to starbucks, and the new sports champions 2 for the ps3 {this is more family because we all use it and love it}...

Our family has made some changes in this new year, I am sure most families have and I wish them the best with their goals (:  Stay strong and stick to it yall! I wanted to share my plans with you here...

We are back to Home Schooling! Yes, I typed that right, we are home schooling once more, this time will be very different but so WELL WORTH it for us. I missed the kids being home, they missed being home, and well needless to say if its doable why not?! God has been speaking to me over the past month and half to bring the littles home and jump back into home schooling with a renewed heart and spirit and I did just that. Our first week will be this week and will in fact post all about it on Friday, I plan to do weekly re-caps to help myself stay in tune with what we have accomplished and to share all the fun things with you guys!

We are starting the kids in jiu-jitsu which is like karate, we are hoping it will help them focus their energy and teach self defense. It will also help them make some friends their own ages. In the spring I plan to look for a swimming class for Gaby though, so branch her away from the boys some.

I have a part time job! I work part time in the mornings and do the kids schooling in the afternoons. It helps me have some time out in the real world with adults while giving me some work experience for the future. I am very happy with it and hope to do it for some time!

My own personal goals are to work on myself in my wifely and mothering roles, create more time with God and finding the paths He wants me to take, lose some weight due to health issues, and dive into my hobby of crafting and diy more.

I hope all of you have had a wonderful start to the new year, may God bless you all and your families...

Disclaimer: All photographs on this blog are that of my own unless otherwise stated; photographs that are not mine will be linked to the source I got them from. Please do not take any of my photographs without my written permission. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...