Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Beauty Within Marriage


Marriage in and of itself is a beautiful journey. It’s full of many emotions and cherished moments. With that, life comes into play, when it does, sometimes it gets the best of us and we forget the beauty within our marriages.

Many marriages today are torn by p*rn, addictions, adultery, and the lack of Christ. Many men tend to look at what they wish their wives could or would be, the false bodies on magazine covers, television shows, movies, books, etc. Many women tend to desire to look like those women to please their men. We change our hair color, style of our hair, the way we dress, the way we take care of ourselves, down to exercise and food we eat. Some sink to the extreme in partake in adventurous activities to suit their marriage and try to keep it going smoothly.

Society says that marriage is of the past. Today more people are living together without tying the knot, many have children without being married, many have multiple partners because they simply settle for society. Woman and men alike are dating much younger or older of the opposite s*x. There are television shows that air today where they are showing polygamy and pretty much telling the younger of generation that that is ok.

However, is what society believes to be accurate what you choose to follow or is the views of our Heavenly Father?

Marriage & The Bible:

And the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." . . . So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, He took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib (side) he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. (Gen 2:18, 21 22)

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled (Hebrews 13:4 ESV)

What God designed marriage to be:
  • God created marriage as a loyal partnership between one man and one woman.
  • Marriage is the firmest foundation for building a family.
  • God designed sexual expression to help married couples build intimacy.
  • Marriage mirrors God's covenant relationship with His people.

How to serve your spouse:
  • Focus on your spouse's strengths rather than their weaknesses.
  • Encourage rather than criticize.
  • Pray for your spouse instead of gossiping about them.
  • Learn and live what Christ teaches about relating to and loving others.


What I find beautiful in my own marriage:
  • That I have unconditional love from my husband
  • My husband always finds me beautiful
  •  I have a forever friend
  •   I feel safe with my husband
  •   I know my husband will never stray
  • My husband has an amazing love for God and isn’t afraid to show it
  •  My husband is a wonderful father
  • That God spent so much time creating my soul mate just for me, He took everything I would need throughout my life and put it all together in the careful making of my husband, that alone is completely beautiful to me.

You know, I have so many days that I don’t feel attractive. I don’t feel up to getting dressed in anything but my PJ’s. I don’t want to take the 1.5 hours to get a shower, do my makeup and hair, and find something nice to wear. However I do, I take that time to look nice for my husband.  Even if you just change from your PJ’s. put on some blush and mascara, I bet your husband would notice ladies. Just because we stay home to school our children, or we work from home, we shouldn’t forget about the importance of taking care of ourselves, not to mention it gives your self esteem a boost!

Children come and they grow, along that journey you forget the importance of just your marriage. Couples need to take that time to connect child-free, they need to plan simple dates, surprises for the other, and simple acts of affirmation in their marriages.

Overall, God wants your marriage to flourish, that spark you had when you first met, God wants you to forever have that spark with your spouse. He wants you to be your spouses only needs. Take the time for your marriage and don’t allow society to tear it apart. Marriage is a beautiful thing that can forever be beautiful if you water it and feed the desires it truly has, it will blossom into great memories, strengths, and balance. Not to mention the unconditional love you will create!

A awesome resource if you interested in reading an article can be found HERE.
Enjoy the beauty in your marriage! See you tomorrow!


Disclaimer: All photographs on this blog are that of my own unless otherwise stated; photographs that are not mine will be linked to the source I got them from. Please do not take any of my photographs without my written permission. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...