Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Draw The Circle: 40 Day Prayer Challenge-A Review



Draw The Circle: The 40 Day Prayer Challenge
Author: Mark Batterson

Draw The Circle: The 40 Day Prayer Challenge is somewhat like a devotional type book. It is 224 pages long with chapters ranging from 4-5 pages at most. The cover of the book is a deep purple with white writing which makes it appealing to the eye in my opinion, it is simple yet catchy.

Within this book is a challenge on how to pray. It is not a prayer on each page per subject you may be dealing with like some devotionals and books out there. The author actually teaches you how to pray from his point of view.

In my opinion, I did like this book overall, I didn’t like how the author states to draw a circle and pray within it. I don’t believe that is actually how the Bible explains prayer, it seems more tribal to me, like something you would see Indians do so to speak. Prayer is just talking to God about a problem you may be dealing with and having faith that He will answer in some way, which the author does state within in the book. What good is it to pray for something yet having no faith that it will happen or that God will answer you?! You also have to be open to the many answers and ways God may answer you, don’t put limits on God and what He can do. Prayer without faith is powerless…

Again overall I do like the point of this book, I just don’t get the purpose of the praying in circles.

Average rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Appeal of the book: 3 out of 5 stars
Eye Catching Cover: 4 out of 5 stars
Recommend to others: Yes
Would I read it again: No

Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher for review through Booksneeze. All thoughts and opinions herein are that of my own.

If you’re a blogger, you should check out Booksneeze yourself HERE


Disclaimer: All photographs on this blog are that of my own unless otherwise stated; photographs that are not mine will be linked to the source I got them from. Please do not take any of my photographs without my written permission. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...