Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Words of Encouragement for Momma's...


As mothers we sometimes sink into the thinking that we are in it alone, that not one single person on the planet understands a single trial we may face in our day to day lives. Sadly many mothers have this thought process today, I used to have that same thinking pattern, the Whoa Is Me thought process is what I like to call it...a somewhat self pity party...But, it doesnt have to be that way, we as mothers should be able to reach out to other moms with a helping hand, free babysitting, meals when babies arrive, donate clothing, offer a coffee playdate, and most of all offer our stories for encouragement to help fellow moms realize they are not alone in this world, because we have all been there when it comes to parenting, our stories may be different but even a simple sentence could change that moms point of view on her situation. 

The other day I had taken all 4 children to the library, alone for the first time. Since Oliver joined the mix I typically go when Jim is home or Amber my best friend can watch the kids while I make a run out and grab the books that I have on hold and browse the movie section for the kids. However on this day the kids had been asking me to go and figure at some point they will all have to come with me anyways, if I can run through Wal-Mart I can hit the library...Things went smoothly for the first 20 minutes, however upon check-out I could feel my body temp rising and I knew the flushed look was hitting my face. Now I take a medication for my blood pressure and I know when it is rising up I can just feel it, I know my body like that. Anyhoo, I was trying to check out our 3 bags of books {yep 3 bags full of books} and Isaiah my 3yo and Andrew my 6yo were trying to play army guys, Oliver my 1yo was whimpering in the stroller, and Gaby my 8yo was back talking me about not being able to checkout on her own. I knew I was being watched, I sternly addressed the older 3 kids and tried to hurry my way out of there. I knew that other people were judging me and how I was handling my children, that is a hard topic for me as a parent...I got back into my car, took a deep breath and drove the 2 minute drive to our house while pondering how I will handle the children the next time we go to the library. 

Later that night once Jim had gotten home I had to run to pick up a few more things at the library that had came in for me and grab Amber's items for her since she was working late. While I was checking out a older woman who worked at the library came up to me and said " I see you dont have your little crew with you tonight." I replied " No, they are home with their daddy watching a movie they checked out later."  She smiled and said " I just want you to know they are precious, very well mannered for their ages, relax hun, this too shall pass."...I told her thank you and smiled, finished checking out my books and once I hit the seat of my car, tears filled my eyes because I felt relieved that someone else understood my frustration and knew that I needed a bit of a pick up...Her words have stuck with me since last Wednesday...I havent seen this woman at the library since, I go often since its so close to my home...but I will never forget her words to me, simple, but OH SO needed...

My words of encouragement you ladies today will be the kind words of that woman who helped me.
 "This too shall pass"...Remember that when your having a crazy day with your little crew...they wont be this small forever, and you will miss all these crazy moments of motherhood...The next time you see a Momma who is struggling or just a Momma in general, offer some words of encouragement to help her along in her day, we are tough cookies so we may not show it verbally that we are struggling, but our struggle wears so heavily on our faces and heavy in our actions...a simple word may be all that is needed...

Disclaimer: All photographs on this blog are that of my own unless otherwise stated; photographs that are not mine will be linked to the source I got them from. Please do not take any of my photographs without my written permission. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...