Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Thankfulness & My Husband...


Jim and I have been married for 6 years this June. Time has really flown by for us. Many changes have taken place for our marriage and our family. One thing however that has never changed since we met are the butterflies I get around him. My love for Jim has grown to be so much more than when we said "I Do" some  years ago. It is a true love that I have for him, more than words, more than actions, its pure...

Our marriage has never been the fairy tale many girls dream of, that is simply not life or how a marriage works. Your Prince may sweep you off your feet but its not like Cinderella by far.

Another thing that has changed over the years is my thankfulness for Jim. In the beginning I was very ungrateful for the man I married, ungrateful for the life he provided, ungrateful for everything really. Nothing really had a real meaning to me. However, God stepped in and gave me a nice wake up call, and for that I am truly thankful, it has saved my marriage, it saved me, and it saved my future as a wife. I do not intend to ever sleep in different beds, or be roommates with my husband.

My Thankfulness for Jim:

  • providing a stable home
  • providing financial stability
  • unconditional love for me
  • allowing me to be a stay at home mom
  • always being my rock
  • picking me up when I take a fall
  • his humor
  • his ability to always make me smile 
  • his truthfulness 
  • gifting me our 4 precious children
  • allowing me to find myself
  • his ability to listen without judgement
  • his amazing love for God
  • his love for our marriage
  • his love for our children
  • his drive to be the best at whatever God lays his heart to
These were not always on my list, I believe had you asked me when we first go married another word may have replaced thankfulness, it wouldnt have been a nice word...But with God and my desire for Jim my heart has changed from then to now. I am one of the few women in the world who is truly happy in her marriage and who is truly in love with her husband. I am thankful that God has blessed me with such a great man, marriage, and family...I am thrilled to see where God leads us in the future, and one day I will be able to look back and just smile on my marriage and life, and be able to share the true meaning of love with my grandchildren, just like I have my children...

Love is a flower that turns into the fruit of marriage {Finnish Proverb}

Disclaimer: All photographs on this blog are that of my own unless otherwise stated; photographs that are not mine will be linked to the source I got them from. Please do not take any of my photographs without my written permission. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. :)
    Such a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. Thanks for sharing your marriage with me:) My husband and I have a anniversary next week Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...