Thursday, May 23, 2013

Goodbye Ol' Friend...


Dear Basil, 
                  I want to tell you first and foremost that I love you. My childhood brightened so much by your presence. I remember you being a little pup running around and playing with your "baby"...You were so protective of us girls. Cuddling with you on the sofa or chair were some of the best moments in my life. There's nothing like slobbery puppy kisses. I also want to say thank you for being the best dog ever. If there ever was an award to be given it would surely go to you. You soaked up the many tears us girls shed, kept us company while we were home, listened to all our problems, kept our secrets, and licked us to death when we were sad. You made our birthdays the best because you would sing us Happy Birthday. I can say there will never be another dog to replace you in my heart. Thank you for all the times you kept me company, protecting my babies, and watching us all grow up. You are the best friend anyone could have. You are truly missed, loved, and cherished. You will always be "So Pitty to me"...I love you Bay, Sis

I got the news this morning that our Basil had passed away around 2AM, he had been a little sick and my mom had taken him to the vet, the said his liver was enlarged and thought he may have had cancer. They decided to give him some pain killers while my family made the tough decision as to whether or not put him to sleep. My mom decided to sleep in the living room with him last night so he wouldnt be alone, she said she heard him take his last breath around 2 this morning. I am so happy God didn't make them choose, I know we didnt want him to suffer, but putting a part of your family to sleep is so hard. Basil I know wouldnt have wanted us to have to choose, I am sure his life flashed before his eyes and he was thankful for all the memories he had with us, and the love he got from all of us. God took him home, and one day we will see him again, happy and healthy. Some people dont understand the love between pets and humans, I can honestly say the love we had for Basil was something special. He was the best pup anyone could have. My heart is so sad to know my next trip to NC I will not get to see him, but I am so thankful God blessed us this past October to travel to NC and I got to see him, and play with him. That is a memory my heart will hold forever. Please keep my family in prayers. 

Disclaimer: All photographs on this blog are that of my own unless otherwise stated; photographs that are not mine will be linked to the source I got them from. Please do not take any of my photographs without my written permission. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Kris. I will be praying for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...