Friday, May 24, 2013

My Own Make-Up Stumps! What Are Your Thoughts?


I love make-up! It is surely the easiest and most perfect way to my heart. I love the colors, the textures, and the way it makes me feel to "put my face on"...I loved watching my Mimi and My Mom put on "their face", theres something magical about make-up if you ask me. BUT, there are things that I am SO SCARED to actually try out. I get compliments all the time on my make-up, and asked what do I use for this or that, people triple my age ask me this question, people younger than me ask this question, and I even did my neighbors make-up once because she kept complimenting me and wanted to know how I did my make-up. Its flattering, but my routine doesnt change much. 

My Routine:
  • Wash Face
  • Concealer
  • Foundation
  • Powder
  • Eye shadow
  • Eye liner
  • Bronzer/Blush
  • Mascara
  • Lip Tint
OR:
  • Wash Face
  • BB Cream
  • Powder
  • Eye shadow
  • Eye liner
  • Bronzer/Blush
  • Mascara
  • Lip Tint
See, it doesnt change much, the colors/shades do but the routine is the pretty much the same. Lately I have been really wanting to try a few new things, I just dont know how to begin. Maybe you could share your thoughts on my questions or direct me to some other blogs to see if it will help.  

  1. How do you wear liquid eyeliner? I have seen this over and over on so many different beauty blogs, the women look fabulous wearing it, but I tend to wear only a dark brown/gold on my bottom lash line. I have never ventured into the world of liquid eye liner because I dont know where to begin!
  2. How do you wear red lipstick? My skin is right between light and medium, my hair is dark brown with red highlights, I wear lip tints but usually wont wear much lipstick itself because I dont know how to wear it with my skin tone. 
  3. How do you keep your nail polish from chipping on your nails? I paint my toenails all the time, but my actual nails I tend to leave natural because I cannot seem to keep the polish from actually chipping. I am a mom of 4 and would love to have nails as a accessory but I cant seem to keep them from chipping.
  4. What are the best products for summer heat? It gets super hot where we live, I dont want cake face over the summer, I tend to either wear nothing on my face or do the BB Cream routine instead. What can you use to have a full covered face but its actually light weight?
  5. What shades are best for summer for brown eyed girls? I wear browns/neutrals all the time, in summer I tend to add some gold shades and maybe light greens/purples...What are other shades you would suggest to try out?
I am looking forward to seeing what you ladies say and suggest. Thanks in advance for your thoughts! 


Disclaimer: All photographs on this blog are that of my own unless otherwise stated; photographs that are not mine will be linked to the source I got them from. Please do not take any of my photographs without my written permission. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. As a cosmetologist, I would honestly say to use a good moisturizer instead of foundation and powder. Your skin will have a better glow, and better elasticity.
    To get your nails to stay chip free for two weeks, use a gripper as a base before you put color on. Then follow the color with a layer of clear coat. Gripper is amazing! I use 'Nail Life' Gripper. It's under 3$ and available at Sally's Beauty Supply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! I havent ever heard of gripper before but I will be trying that out. As far as just using the moisturizer I cant, I have too many imperfections on my face for that, the BB Cream I use does have the moisturizer in it so that helps, maybe a tinted one, which I havent tried yet either.

      Delete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...