Thursday, May 09, 2013

Summer Goals!


The school year is coming to a close and its been fun. The kids have actually learned a lot, a lot more then I had expected. Its actually taking a lot longer to do certain subjects too that I had not planned for, however that is where our Summer learning comes into play. 

Learning Focus with each child will be as follows:

Gaby:
  • Math
  • Cursive
  • Spelling
  • Reading
Andrew:
  • Math
  • Handwriting
  • Reading
Isaiah:
  • Alphabet
  • Numbers
  • Simple Addition and Subtraction
  • Simple Reading
  • Handwriting Practice
Oliver will just join in when he wants, he is about 18 months now and being just that. He gets into everything and will test the waters so to speak with everyone. I will be focusing more on his boundaries and getting him to play alone rather then with someone for a medium amount of time, so around 30 minutes at a time rather then 5. 

Other than school related things we also have a few things going on this Summer...
  • Jim's parents are coming to visit { We are all VERY happy to finally get to see them and catch up }
  • Mine & Jim's 6 year anniversary
  • A short family vacation of camping at the Sand Dunes
  • Lots of hiking, park visits, and a zoo trip
  • Planning for the next school year
  • Lots of Yard Sale hunting & Ladies Night Out 
  • Cleaning the house, currently its our laundry room that is also the storage room
  • Helping Jim with his business { He just started up and God has really blessed him in this journey }
My Self Growth Plans for the Summer:
  • My Bible studies on Joy, Patience, and Womanhood
  • Get up before everyone for my time with God, so my time will be 5AM
  • Actually spend the time getting ready before the little people wake up
  • Find a good Exercise Routine and lose about 15-20 lbs to start
  • Eat healthier meals and regularly
  • Drink more water less soda
  • Be more active with the kids 
I believe all of this is doable, if I make myself do it, that will be the challenge!

What are your summer goals/plans?

Disclaimer: All photographs on this blog are that of my own unless otherwise stated; photographs that are not mine will be linked to the source I got them from. Please do not take any of my photographs without my written permission. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...