Tuesday, June 04, 2013

{My Summer Beauty Favorites}


Summer is pretty much around the corner, the first day of summer is June 21, 2013...However in most places across the US summer weather is already hitting hard...I read a post the other day where it was already in the high 90's somewhere...although here where I live its in the high 70's-high 80's depending on the day and wind...on top of that most homes in CO dont have AC due to the fact we have no humidity...newer homes do but in my house we dont have AC...So, I am really careful when it comes to applying my summer makeup because it will just melt off even indoors. With that said I wanted to share my Summer Beauty Favorites with you...Here we go...

Face Prep:
  • Boots Botanics All Bright Line: I use the face wash, toner, mask, and creams in this line. I love them, the smell is amazing and it actually makes my face feel so clean and look amazing without makeup. 
  • Boots Botanics Organic Facial Oil: This helps my dry summer skin, I apply this in the mornings when I dont use makeup or if I do wear my makeup I tend to use it at night instead.
  • Boots Botanics Super Balm: I use this when I wear my makeup over my dry skin, I just replace my normal moisturizer with this instead. Its amazing and really helps my dry skin.
Cosmetics, Nails, & Perfume:
  • Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation SPF 15 in Cool Vanilla, this is the replacement for their mousse foundation, I love both equally, its light, not cakey feeling, and provides enough coverage for my redness. 
  • Boots Botanics Corrective Concealer in Camomile: this is an amazing concealer, I have tried a couple brands and this one is my favorite all year round, its lightweight and doesnt crease. It comes in a lipstick tube which is really neat and different.
  • L'Oreal True Match Naturale Skin Illuminating Formula in Translucent Matte: This powder does exactly what it says it will, its lightweight, its matte, and it illuminates for a glowy summer skin. I love this is and wear it daily.
  • Urban Decay NAKED , NAKED 2 , & NAKED Basics Pallets: I swear by these, if you can purchase them do so. The color scheme of these is amazing and very natural looking, nothing overpowering. The wear of these eyeshadows is just amazing. They dont crease, flak, or wear off fast. They are perfect for year round wear and I really do use mine all year round. They are my go-to on a daily basis.  
  • NAKED Flushed Blush: Love it, hands down my favorite blush out there. It really gives the natural look and its perfect for summer.
  • Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Oyster Glow & Sonia Kashuk Eye Liners: these are my favorite brands for eye liners, they work great, fairly priced, and last very well. The lighter colors are perfect for that summer glow.
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara: I fell in love with this mascara about a year ago now, and I love it. Its not cakey, it doesnt come off when its not supposed to, and it makes my eyelashes look amazing.
  • Boots No7 Sheer Temptation Lipsticks: these are all very pretty for summer, they cover well and last a good while. I tend to use them like a balm and only blot the center of my lip and rub together to make it really lightweight and to add just a hint of color.
  • L'Oreal Colour Riche Balms & Revlon Lip Butters: these are hands down amazing and are great for summer, the prices are very affordable and most of the time you can get them on offer at Ulta, Walgreens, or Target. I love the shades, and they are very summer friendly.
  • L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Polish: the shades are great, the wear is great, and the bottles are a good size and look very classic. These are my favorite nail polishes. 
  • Pacifica Perfume & Folle de Joie eau de parfum: I love these scents...they are great for summer, Pacifica is a natural perfume company and their roll ons are only $12...they have ton of scents and are great for purse...Folle de Joie eau de parfum, I got a sample of this in my May Birchbox and have fell in love with it, its my hands down favorite perfume ever. Hopefully I will get to purchase one soon...
Hair & Body:
Those are my Summer Beauty Favorites...I hope you get an idea of what I use and what are my go-to items. Everything is linked above for you to see it on site...

What are favorite summer beauty products?

Disclaimer: All photographs on this blog are that of my own unless otherwise stated; photographs that are not mine will be linked to the source I got them from. Please do not take any of my photographs without my written permission. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...