Saturday, July 06, 2013

Downside Up By Tracey Mitchell: A Review

Growing up I had a lot of rejection thrown at me. My parents were divorced, I wasn’t raised in a Christian home, I was on the more chubby side, I didn’t look like the girls on tv, etc. etc. I didn’t really realize this rejection until my highschool years. When I started noticing the rejection from fellow peers I started taking it to heart. I was called fat, so I didn’t eat anything other than dinner my whole high school life, I was called pig because my nose was a bit bigger than others, you know the typical things that teens deal with. However upon becoming pregnant at the age of 16 with my first child, rejection hit me like a tornado. I was not only rejected by fellow peers but I was rejected by the very people I loved dearly, my family. Upon the normal names unwed young pregnant girls are called, I was told that I would never amount to anything, I would never marry a decent man if I married at all because no man would ever truly love me because I had already had a child, that I would have to drop out of school and work a dead end job, and the list goes on but I will spare those details. It hit me in the dead center of my heart, the core of my womanly emotion.

I chose Downside Up to review because I wanted to see how to truly deal with rejection. I wanted a Godly way to deal with it rather than my own way. I overcame most of the rejections thrown at me, I finished school, I married, and since have added 3 little boys to the mix. My husband and I own our home, cars, etc. I am currently in college, my husband graduated college, and he is the manager of a business. I think I am doing pretty well on the outside. But still my emotions deal with the rejections that were thrown at me all my life. I still think about them and I still wonder what people think of me when they see me in a store with 4 children, or hear that I got pregnant at the age of 16. I don’t regret any choice I made, if I had made another choice my life may have been different and not in a good way. God blessed my life and saved me from a dead end road.

In this book, the author writes within the first chapter The 10 Truths About Rejection, she goes over then and tells you how to deal with them throughout the book. I love that at the end of each chapter she includes:
Chapter Principles, Words of Wisdom, Power Quote, and Plan of Action. I honestly have never seen another book include those for the reader. They give you things to think about before doing the next chapter, which I like.

The book is overall catchy with a great cover, it’s a easy read but a tough read at the same time because it helps you with the areas you struggle with, it would be a great Study book to do with a  group of women or young adult girls, the book is 198 pages of a pure goodness. I would suggest to any young woman, woman, or study group to consider reading this book. It helped me in so many ways. Its going to be a book I go back to over and over again.

Word to the Author:

Thank you for writing this book and putting it out there that rejection is not all that bad if you look at in a different light. You opened my eyes to so many things I had no thought of about the rejection within my own life. I cannot wait to read more books by you!

 If you are interested in buying this book you can do so by clicking HERE, HERE, & HERE...

{Disclaimer: I received this book through Booksneeze for free in exchange for a honest review on my blog. All thoughts and opinions herein are that of my own.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...