Sunday, July 28, 2013

{Notes From The Tilt-A-Whirl: Wide-Eyed Wonder in God's Spoken World By: N.D. Wilson-A Review}


I selected this book because it looked interesting, I am one who has to be literally drawn into a book within the first 10 pages or I will not finish reading it. I also take into account what the book looks like {cover}. I had never heard of this author before nor of any of the other books by him, so I thought, hmm new author to check out and maybe I will love the book. To be completely honest I didn’t like the book, I wasn’t captured by his words, or the way he writes. I did a bit of researching into other reviews and there are actually many people who love this book, however there were also about the same amount who disliked it. I seen where this is actually a movie, and in kindle format already, had I known that I would never had selected it because I typically don’t go for books that have movies already. One thing I didn’t like about this book in particular was that it didn’t fit my beliefs of God or who God is, or our reasons for being here as children of God. I didn’t think he explained things well, it was too much jumping around on topics for me. Overall the book isn’t for me, maybe others, I wouldn’t recommend it however. The cover is very catchy and it’s a good length but other than that I didn’t prefer it.


{Disclaimer: I received this book for free from Booksneeze in exchange for a honest review, all thoughts and opinions herein are that of my own}

1 comment:

  1. I had a really hard time reading this book too. It was written in a rather peculiar style. Overall, though, I really liked it. I ended up learning quite a bit from it and it left me with another perspective of God.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...