Wednesday, August 14, 2013

{She’s twelve going on twenty: nurturing your daughter through the tween years By: Kim Camp-A Review}


I selected this book to review because I am the momma of 1 little girl who is soon to be in her tweens and I want to in some way prepare myself as a mother for this big change in her life. I didnt have a great relationship with my own mom growing up in those years and I want something different for my one and only daughter. Within this book you will find it all, from helping your daughter find out who she is in Christ, friends, to even how her body will change. I love that its broken down into sections called: Spirit, Soul, and Body and each section has different topics that are based on that area of a person. After you read a chapter at the end the author includes a Moms & Daughters Working it out together which gives you and your daughter something to do together to better understand each other and for the mom to understand her daughter a bit better. This book is written for mothers and daughters, however I feel that even a father who wants to help impact his daughter in this stage of life should read the book and maybe start some kind of special thing for him and his daughter too. It will help him get a better understanding of what his daughter is going through and how to help her.  Overall I feel this is a wonderful, well written book. I would highly suggest it to mothers/parents of girls who are soon to be or are already in the tween stage of life.

If you are interested in this book you can purchase it on Amazon or Christian Book Distributors.

If you are a blogger and are interested in receiving books for review on your blog please visit Booksneeze and sign up for free!


{Disclaimer: I received this book for free in exchange for a honest review on my blog, all thoughts and opinions herein are that of my own}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...