Friday, September 06, 2013

My Weightloss Journey: The Beginning

Image Source:

2 months ago now I went to the doctor for a re-check on my medication for high blood pressure, obviously you go through the whole routine of weight/height/temp ect. and I was a bit shocked at what the scale had said. I weighed in at 204 pounds. I have never weighed that much, nor did I really think I weighed that much. I know that on top of my blood pressure being high, I battle depression, both of which cause weigh gain. I told Jim and about a week later we had a membership to our local 24 Hour Fitness. I have gone a couple of times, but I really dont like how crowded it is, so I have got to change the time I go to a bit earlier in the morning or a bit later at night after the crowd leaves. Anyways, I went the other day for another check-up and obviously really hated that scale again. I told Jim yesterday that I had set a goal for myself, to lose 50 pounds by next summer, and where I live that would June 2014, and that when we had some extra money I would really love to get a scale for at home to keep up with my weight a bit better, he told me ok, that it didnt seem like that would be a problem. 

Well last night, he ran out to grab a few things from our local Wal-Mart and what do you think he brought me home? A brand spankin new scale. I was so excited, more excited than most women get about a scale. I felt like it was my birthday or something. I have battled my weight for so long, and now that we are done having babies, and more financially set I can finally invest more time into myself. The scale he got me is called the Health O Meter Body Fat and Hydration Bath Scale, you can program it for up to 4 people, and it will keep track of your last 6 weigh-ins, it also tells you your BMI and your hydration level which I think is really really neat. I love that its very modern because its glass with stainless steal accents. The screen is nice because its bigger than most and its digital which is far better than those old scales at grandmas house. 

Now that I have this scale it will be nice to know what I weigh and help me keep track of my own health a bit better. Today I weighed in at 193 pounds, that is a total loss of 11 pounds in 2 months. I was excited to see that number go down, and I cannot wait to see it keep dropping and reach my goal weight of 150ish. My real goal is to be healthy for my height, not to be like those women on the magazines. I dont want to take a blood pressure medication all my life or something for depression, I want to be able to live a full life and know that I am healthy not skinny, there is a big difference. 

My plan to keep you guys posted is to share my weightloss journey with you, and each week I will share a weigh in and tell you what I have been doing. Starting out my goal is to go to the gym 3-4 times a week and workout for 1-2 hours depending on how I feel that day. I also need to work on some major portion control when it comes to pasta...its my biggest food weakness, and my water intake. 

Now for some questions for you:

What kinds of tips do you have for me on weightloss?
Do you have any goals to reach in your own health by next summer?
Recipes?
Exercise Tips?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss. That's a tough battle but you will succeed. You're doing great! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...