Sunday, September 22, 2013

What I am trying Fall Edition #1...

Fall is finally here, I cannot believe it! I have waited and waited on this season for what feels like forever. As a woman who wears many hats throughout the day I am trying to focus on the current a bit more and not so much the future. I want to find ways to simplify my life a bit more all while trying some new things out around the house and within my womanly walk. I want to share with you what exactly I am trying this week...

Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent: Photo Credit Everyday Cheapskate

I have bought all sorts of laundry detergent over the years, my favorite has been the brand All because its affordable and actually cleans my families laundry really well, when I dont buy All I tend to go for Gain or Tide whichever I feel in the mood for, I am big on the smell of clean laundry, however these days with now 6 peoples clothes to wash, 5 sets of bed clothes, the numerous blankets my kids use, and towels the laundry detergent cost just adds up, I am in the mood to cut that part of my grocery bill and try something that is more pocket friendly and better for our skin. So, I am trying the recipe I found over at Everyday Cheapskate because its a liquid and very pocket friendly overall.

Homemade Liquid Stain Remover: Photo Credit Homemade Mamas

I have researched a lot of pinterest and other sources to find a good budget friendly stain remover for clothing that works, this one seems to fit the bill so I will be trying it out along with the laundry detergent above to see what it does for my kids crazy stains. From what the post states over at Homemade Mamas it will get the stains out and clean other things around the house, so I am hoping it will really work. 

Kings Hawiian Baked Ham & Swiss Sandwiches Photo Credit & Recipe Source







I found this recipe while browsing Pinterest one day a while back, I finally decided to give it try. The only thing I did differently was I cut the butter to a stick only and didnt add the poppyseeds because we dont really prefer them, overall the sandwich was really good, and my husband loved it. I ended up making them again tonight because he wanted more. If you like ham and cheese and want a nice way to step it up I would give it a try, you can decrease the onion mixture to your taste. 

Revlon Colorstay 16 hr Eyeshadow in Adventurous, Decadent, & Moonlit 










I picked up these eyeshadows after reading a few reviews of them on some other blogs, I got the above shades at Wal-Mart and thought they are really pretty for Fall and wanted to give them a go. They are under $6 and from what I can tell are good quality. They have a wide range of shades to choose from and you get 4 shadows in one, so its a good purse addition too.

Photo Source Via Amazon


I really want to work on myself as a whole, I want to focus on the fruits of the spirit and I found this really neat bible study on amazon. It has 48 bible studies and divided up by trait which is really helpful. I am looking forward to starting it this week during my quiet time. 

Well that is a few new things I am looking forward too this season. I hope you guys have a great 1st day of Fall and try some new things too. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...