Thursday, October 24, 2013

Easy Homemade Pancakes...

This morning started like any other would when the kids dont have school, they wake up early around 6AM, and the first thing they want is food! They are all growing, and they eat a lot for breakfast, its their biggest meal. I typically just buy cereal because its quick and easy, but its not the most healthy breakfast meal, not to mention Isaiah is very picky about cereal and since the big kids started school he typically doesnt have cereal for breakfast. So, I had to go on a search for something a little nicer for breakfast, after all eating eggs or oatmeal gets old too. The internet had some good recipes, but I am a person who loves to alternate things, I never leave recipes the same, I always add something or change the meat or whatever. I found a very simple recipe and then added my own touches to make it my own. Here is the recipe, its amazing, and kids love it!


Ingredients:
* Go ahead and get a pan heating on medium heat while you mix the following

1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon White Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg

Directions:

Mix all ingredients well, spray your pan with a nonstick spray before you put your mixture on it each time or they will stick, spoon your mixture into your pan using a serving spoon {1 spoonful is perfect}, brown on both sides and serve with your favorite syrup. Recipe makes about 12-13 small-medium pancakes.

*I typically wait to flip my pancakes until the gooey side is bubbling a bit, it seems to be the perfect time for in my pan 

Enjoy your pancakes, and your Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...