Thursday, November 21, 2013

Country Faith By Deborah Evans Price: A Booksneeze Review



WOW, what a wonderful book. Country Faith is just that, faith of the good ole country. Growing up in the south, North Carolina to be exact, I heart a lot of different things when it came to religion, and what people believed. I always liked how the older generation had so much faith in things of life and God. The south is one place you will find God if you just look around and listen to others around you. I wasnt blessed with  Christian parents but something always told me there was something more out there. When my husband decided to go to a bible college here in CO was when my eyes really opened to God and I started seeing that He is here and very much alive. Looking back on my life there were many people who in some way touched me with a story they shared and how strong their faith really was. We all are human and our faith will dwindle sometimes along with our changing beliefs, however God stays the same, He never changes or dwindles. 

In Country Faith, each page has a different verse and a country artists view of that verse from what I can tell. Each page gives you insight to all those wonderful men and women who we look up to, learn from the stories of their songs, and wish we could meet. In this book we do in a sense get a glimpse into what they believe and how strong their faith really is. I remember being in my daddy's truck, getting ready to leave to go to a chicken show {yes my dad shows chickens, I've won a few trophies} and he would have the radio on the country station, Alan Jackson would be singing on the radio, he was my first favorite artist, I would sing along to the many songs that came on that station, and I knew all the words, at my 6 year old age. At the time I didnt understand really that songs were stories, but over the years I learned many a thing from those old country singers. 

What I really love about this book is that it compiles the old and new artists from country music. You have Alan Jackson, Trisha Yearwood, and Lorrie Morgan to Carrie Underwood, The Band Perry, and Scotty McCreery and some people you may not have heard of before all sharing what they believe and giving you a little insight into their faith. 

The book is hardcover and contains 112 pages, the cover is very eye-catching, and it has thoughts from 56 artists. The end gives you a glimpse into the gospel of Mark. 

Overall this book is one of the best books I have reviewed. I absolutely love it. If you are interested in the book you can purchase a copy on Amazon HERE...

Disclaimer: I received this book for free from Booksneeze in exchange for a honest review. All thoughts and opinions herein are that of my own.

Au Revoir, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...