Monday, December 23, 2013

DIY: Bathtub Caddy Level: Easy

Hello Lovely Peeps, I hope you guys are getting super excited for Christmas! I know my entire household is, keeping the kids from exploring the boxes is nearly impossible with Christmas being in only a day away! Today I want to share with you Do It Yourself project that I am sure anyone can do. This is one you don’t have to be a pro to do. Lets get started shall we?!


Here is what you will need:
  •  Plastic kitchen light cover
  •   Marker
  •   Plastic cutting tool (in my case I used wire cutters, its what I had)
  • Sand Paper (to sand the edges of the plastic you cut)

You know those really ugly, somewhat flimsy light covers for kitchen lights? Well, we have one, laying in the garage. I have been moving it from place to place debating if we will ever really need it or should I toss itI decided today however it would make the perfect bathtub caddy.

Here is what you do:
  • Clean the light cover with soapnwater, and dry
  •  Measure how much you will need by laying it over your tub and mark it with a marker
  • Cut it to the proper size with your plastic cutters, or whatever you find that will work in my case I used wire cutters
  • Sand the cut plastic side down to where its not pokey if need be
  • Now you have a shower caddy

Note:  Cut the plastic outside! Be careful when cutting because you don’t want to damage the plastic fixture and if your not the plastic may fly off at you....

How simple is that? Didnt cost me a dime, and now I have a bathtub caddy something I have really wanted for long time but not wanting to pay a fortune for! Now its time for a bath, you know to relax from all that pre-holiday craziness thats out there! 
                                                  Happy Holidays, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...