Monday, December 30, 2013

Loved & Trashed December Edition...

Photo Source: Cosmetics & Trash Can
Can you believe December has already passed us?! I think the joy and excitement for Christmas caused it to rush by rather quickly at my house. December not only holds Christmas but it also holds all those end of year releases in the makeup isles at our local drugstores and counters, and like most of you I picked up a few things that I havent tried and grabbed a few things from my stash I wanted to use more of this month. Here is my Loved & Trashed December Edition post and review of products listed!

LOVED


L'Oreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base Face Primer: OMG YOU GUYS, if you have not tried this base primer for your face you are missing out on something amazing. This little gem is a whipped formula that is as light as air on your face. It is a super light pink color with NO smell. I put this on over my eyes, cheeks, top of nose, and chin; it rubs in really well and like I said  its as light as air, I dont even feel it once its there. Its really a must try if you have not tried this stuff, it makes my makeup go on so much better! 

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup: I have the shade 150 Classic Ivory. I really love this foundation, it has medium coverage and goes on light meaning its not cakey like others I have tried. I have oily skin and this lasts me all day without an issue. 

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser in shade 225 light/medium: I have really bad scarring on my cheeks from pregnancy acne, its always bright red and no matter what I cannot cover it, until NOW. This stuff like its counterparts is great. I put this on only on my cheeks, a little does the trick and its covered. I am really impressed with this product!

Boots No7 Radiant Glow Concealer in shade II: I have used this product for a long while now. I really like it on my eyes, it brightens my under eye area perfectly, blends well, and doesnt crease. 

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in shade 40/Nude: I was skeptical of this one, only because I dont usually do well with shaded powders, I lean towards translucent, but I thought what the hey, and I am glad I did. I like that this product is creamy, it matches skin really well, it stays matte on my skin, it covers great, and its not heavy. I think this is one of the BEST drugstore powders, and I am so happy Maybelline released it. 

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in shade Blackest Black: I LOVE this mascara. The wand is plastic and is shaped like butterfly wings if you look at closely. It coats all my lashes amazingly and adds some volume to my outer lashes and lower lashes. Its not clumpy on me in any way and it hands down one of the BEST mascaras out there in the drugstores.



Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush in shade 10/Nude {ABOVE PHOTO}: THIS IS AMAZING! Like I mentioned I have a lot of redness leftover from pregnancy acne, thankfully with my new love its covered, but now I can really love a blush and this one is PERFECT! Its just enough pink mixed with those shades of golds and tans that will make your cheeks pop without making you look like a clown! This one is currently my favorite! I love this product! As you can see in the photo above its beautiful!


Sonia Kashuk Eyeshadow Quad in Textured Mauve/10: This is one of my absolute FAVORITE eyeshadow brands out there and this pallet has loved my eyes for the whole month of December. These colors are beautiful, they last, and are really pigmented on me. I am really into these shades and love to wear them daily. Its amazing!


Covergirl Lipslicks in shade Daring: This product is amazing, I used to use these lipslicks in high school but honestly ventured afar and never really thought of them, until I wanted to try Cliniques Black Honey Lipstick Balm and needed a better priced dupe. I have found my new favorite lip product that goes with me everywhere. I love this shade, its so pretty on the lips showing up just enough to give you a "special" shade on your lips. Its not tacky, sticky, glittery feeling, and it nourishes your lips, never drying! 

Flower Cosmetics Eyes on the prize Eyeshadow Chubby in Daffodil With It: Who doesnt love eye chubby's? Really they are just an amazing product to use for bases, when you dont want a heavy look, or your in a rush. These are great products from this line. I love this color because its a light gold color, I use ut as a base under my shadows or when I just want a touch of something. 


Earth Therapeutics LOOFA Exfoliating Scrub Oatmeal & Honey: I picked this up at my local Ross, honestly not expecting much, but I was mistaken. This is a great scrub on the body and for the feet. I use mine for both and my feet look so much better these days. The smell is amazing too, just light enough and sweet enough to intoxicate the senses. LOVE!

Caress Enchanting Secret Limited Edition Silkening Body Wash in scent Mulberry Blossom & Midnight Woods Essence: this stuff is intoxicating, it smells so heavenly to me and I love that it looks like raspberry/grape jelly on my pouf. I makes my skin feel so clean and soft. I hope this is made part of their permanent line!

Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Shampoo & Conditioner: these are the ones I grew up using, honestly I had forgotten how much I loved them. My hair looks and feels amazing, and I love that its their original line. I wish they would go back to that instead of what they have became but I am happy they kept 2 of the products original, and I love it. Great product. 

LINK TO STORE ONLINE:

Now this little gem is a jewel toned berry wallet. I found this on clearance at my local Target and fell in LOVE. It has gold accents and holds a lot of stuff. Its just enough of a pop of color to add to any bag. 

ccccccc

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser: SIGH! Like many of you I awaited the release of this product like nothing else. When it hit the shelf I snatched it up and tried it. What I found after using is that it makes my skin oily, it smears my other makeup, and it doesnt erase my pores one bit. I did NOT in any way like this product, I wanted to so badly, I wanted to add this to my favorites and use it every single day. HOWEVER this is one that you should run the other way on, its NO GOOD!

L'Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Concealer in N1-2-3 Fair/Light: I heard really good reviews of this products, however I didnt like it on me. I think the shade is great, but I dont like that it makes my skin feel/look greasy in the application area. I dont doubt that some will love this product but its just not for me.

Flower Cosmetics Skincognito Stick Foundation in SF1: SEE FULL REVIEW HERE! Bad Product!

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes in shade Black: I wanted to love this product, I heard a lot about it, but it isnt for me. It clumps my lashes, and it doesnt do well on my bottom lashes. 

I believe like most out there not every product will work for you or me, some I mentioned may be great for you while others stunk! I hope this post informs you on your future purchases like others reviews helped me! 

{Disclaimer: All products listed were purchased by me at my local drugstores, I am in no way affiliated with any of the stores or companies listed. All thoughts and opinions herein are that of my own}

What are some products you would recommend to me?

Much Love & Many Blessings, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...