Saturday, December 28, 2013

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quads: The Packaging, Some New, Some Old...

A while back I was at my local Wal-mart browsing the cosmetics isles and looking for the new products that have hit the shelves. On one of the end-caps I seen a Maybelline display that had some “new” eyeshadow quads, all the seals said “NEW” on them so I grabbed a few to check out for myself.


Once I got home upon further research of the items I found that these include some actual “NEW” quads but there are some that are NOT new as the package states. The thing that gets you is that the packaging is different, as you can see in the photo below.

Both are Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad in Sunlit Bronze
As you can see in the photo the packaging is very different, the old has the hourglass figure and raised lid, while the new is rectangular and flat, almost like the Revlon Quads. I really like the new packaging, its more up to date so to speak, however I feel like the company in a way fibbed a little on what shades are actually "NEW"...If you click the link at the bottom of the above photo you will see the shades in the range but with the old packaging, nothing on their site currently shows the new packaging or shades. I picked up 4 quads all from the old line but with the new packaging labeled "NEW" and then 2 were actually "NEW" shades with the new packaging they are called Autumn Coppers & Sandstone Shimmers. Although I didnt have any of the Maybelline quads in my collection I feel a bit cheated that they didnt specify the actual "NEW" shades

I do love the "NEW" packaging, the actual "NEW" shades are really nice, and I love the eyeshadows all around period.  Overall, I just wanted to share this so you are fooled into buying something you have previously tried or that you already have, if you are interested in these, make sure you know before purchasing what shades you already have so you arent picking up the same one just because the packaging is different. 

Below is a photo of the set I picked up for myself:

NOTE: The two above shades that missing the seal are both labeled "NEW", I have opened and used them, hence why you arent seeing the label on those!

Old shades I picked up are:
  • Sunlit Bronze
  • Plum Smokes
  • Designer Chocolates
  • Charcoal Smokes 


Actual "NEW" Shades I got:
  • Sandstone Shimmer
  • Autumn Coppers

Have you seen any of these in your stores? Did you feel a bit cheated once you realized not all of them were actually "NEW"? 

Much Love & Many Blessings, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...