Monday, December 09, 2013

No Cape Required a Devotional 52 Ways to Unleash Your Inner Hero By: Kristen Parrish {A Booksneeze Review}


When you were little what did you want to be? A doctor, a vet, a hairstylist, a writer, a artist? All hero’s in their own way. As a mom of a daughter and three sons, heroes is played a lot in my house. We have capes, masks, and tons of sayings for the battles of good and evil. In the book No Cape Required a Devotional 52 Ways to unleash your inner hero, the author Kristen Parrish uses tons of references that people today know about, like The Hunger Games, The Chronicles of Narnia, Star Trek, and even Disney’s The Beauty & The Beast to share how you can unleash your inner hero.

This book captures you at page 1, the way it’s written is like in my case reliving my childhood, I remember the references the author uses but I see them in a new light. My favorite part of this whole book is that it is a devotional, it’s a book you can use to teach your children the qualities of a different hero, one who doesn’t wear a cape or those spandex outfits you see in the shows, heroes wear just average clothing, have regular shoes, and live in regular homes. Our character and morals define our ability to be a hero, all it takes is a few kind words and/or actions. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes, we are different colors, we sound different, and do different things, but being a hero is something we can all achieve if we try.

I loved this book from page 1, it’s a book that I will be reading to my children, and working with them on how to show their inner hero. I would recommend this book to any young person today, parents of tweens/teens, boys and girls all alike. It’s a fantastic book that I happy someone took the time to create and used references that are widely known.

Au Revoir, Kristen


{Disclaimer: I received this book for free from Booksneeze in exchange for a honest review on my site; all thoughts and opinions herein are that of my own.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...