Saturday, January 25, 2014

Rimmel London Product Review: Stay Matte Foundation & Match Perfection Concealer


Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in #103 True Ivory:



What I like about this product:

  • The packaging- its really simple, nothing fussy, but it stands out. The tube is slim with a matte finish, using only 3 colors besides the barcode.
  •  
  • The shade match is pretty good. I have more of a yellow tone of skin however my cheeks are pretty much always red. The shade matched my skin tone overall really well.
  •  
  • The texture, its super lightweight like the claim above, its almost like a BB cream to me.
  •  
  • Coverage, in the Spring/Summer months this is perfect because you get light/medium coverage with this product. Its so super lightweight that you can wear it without feeling it.
  •  
  • Price & Size of Product- you get 1fl oz 30 ml in the tube, it’s a good size for under $10.


What I dislike about this product:
  • Its not shine control like you would assume from the claim. I wore this around the house just doing minor cleaning and laundry, within about 4 hours my T-Zone was shiny. I didn’t expect much in this area anyways because it’s a drugstore brand after all, but I did use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder over this foundation and still got shiny.


Overall Thoughts:
I believe this product is really budget friendly and is nice wearing. My only complaint was the shine control, I wish it lasted longer, but hey you win some lose some. I think its best for people who don’t have oily skin, however I will be using this product because I love the texture and the fact its lightweight. It will be perfect to wear in the Spring/Summer months coming up.

{I cannot vouch for the pore minimizing, I haven’t used this product long term to give full review of that claim}

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Rimmel London Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer  2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter in #230 Fair/Light



What I like about this product:
  • Skin Match- this product matches skin pretty well. I like that it doesn’t make me look grey.
  • Price & Size- you get 0.23 fl oz  7ml  for around $5.
  • Application- to get product out you just squeeze the tube and it comes onto the little brush applicator. I dab it on that way and then use my fingers to blend it in around the eye area.


What I don’t like about this product:
  • Application- its bittersweet, I like the fact that it has that little brush thing, but at the same time you cannot really apply concealer in my opinion with it, its best applied with my finger or a small stippling brush.



Other than the little brush thing I have no complaints, this is a great drugstore gem in my opinion. I believe Rimmel has stepped its game up and is doing well with the new products they have out. The prices are great, and its on the lower end of the drugstore price points. 

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Have you tried anything new from Rimmel London? Any suggestions for me from this brand?

Kristen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...