Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lets Talk Covergirl: Some of my favorites from this brand!

Today I want to share a few of my favorite items from a not so talked about brand from the drugstore, Covergirl. I don’t know about you but I have not heard a lot of hype about this brand, and I can in a way understand why. I grew up using Covergirl among the other drugstore brands out there and honestly was never in love with it, I could never find the right match of foundation and really didn’t like their powders much. So, I want to share some of my loves from this brand.


Tru Blend Foundations: I was a bit hesitant to try it from past experience but thought what the hey, I grabbed my shade and have used it for about month now. I can say I love this foundation. My shade is M4, it’s a bit on the yellow side but it works for me personally, and its one of the new shades they launched. I am very impressed with the coverage and the fact its not heavy on the face. I really love this foundation. It has became my go to.

Shine Shadow Cream Shadows in Gold Goddess, Copper Fling, Ice Queen, & Ooh La Lilac: I LOVE these little gems. I love the fact they are in a tube not a pot, the color selection for a launch is nice, I am in love with the 4 colors I personally have, the colors are metallic and show up really well. These are easy to wear alone or to use as a base for your eyeshadow.

LipSlicks: When I was in middle school I believe these launched, I remember having a pink shade they had came out with and I loved it. As I got older I really forgot about these things until recently when I was wanting to find a dupe for the Clinique Black Honey Lipstick. I found that the lipslicks in Daring and Hipster are my favorites hands down. I love that not only are they great dupes for the Black Honey by Clinique, but they are perfectly priced and really moisturize your lips while giving you a bit of color. I always have one of these in my bag and wear them all the time! I found mine at Target for around $6.

Covergirl Eyeshadow Quad in Sugar Coated: I have to say this quad spoke to me, it did, it wanted a new home besides that drugstore shelf it was living in prior. I bought this not having much hope for it, but the colors are beautiful and let me just say they are really nice to work with. I love these shades so much, they are perfect to wear all year round. They aren’t going to smack people in the face when the door opens but they are just enough in color to brighten your eyes up. For the price this is a perfect addition to your collection.
Tru Blend Foundation in M4; Lipslicks in Daring & Hipster; Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess, Copper Fling, Ooh La Lilac, & Ice Queen; Eyeshadow Quad in Sugar Coated (last 4 swatches)


To be completely honest here these products listed are all I have of this line. I haven’t tried anything else lately from them. I do feel like sometimes they are overlooked when we are the drugstore, but I am glad what I do have works well for me.

Have you tried anything from them lately? Did you like it? Any recommendations for me?

~Kristen~

2 comments:

  1. I have not tried out any of these products. I may have to give them a shot.

    Kristine | tinikc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What shade of foundation do you usually wear? I'm trying to figure out my shade but I'm between L7, M3, or M4 >.< I usually wear MUFE HD in 120 and UD Naked Skin Foundation in 3.0.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...