Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Riley Mae & The Ready Eddy Rapids By Jill Osborne: A BookLook Bloggers Review


Riley Mae is a pre-teen girl who is a shoe spokesperson. In this book Riley is flown to Montana to a secret hideout. She meets a boy who battles more than just wild things but a life challenge every single day. Riley learns through this boy that life will throw you curve balls that if your not careful to catch you will be tossed to the enemy. I chose this book because I have a daughter who loves to read, and while she loves to read she also has many questions about life. I thought this would be a great book on her level to help her understand a bit more about life and people who battle huge dealings each day that are more important than a lost shoe, or what they ate for breakfast. The book contains 55 short chapters within 252 pages, that are on a childs level and easy to understand. I really love the art on the cover of a well dressed child, who resembles the girl next door. I like that it’s a cartoon drawing verses a real person. My daughter really enjoyed this book overall. It kept her intrigued from chapter to chapter and was a great read with me book. I am also thrilled its a Christian series for the girls of a in-between age, that talks about faith, God, and church. I highly recommend this book to all young girls, the author did a fantastic job with this new series, I am really excited to see what future books hold for me and my little girl.

You can get a copy of this book via Amazon HERE.

{Disclaimer: I received this book for free in exchange for a honest review on my blog through BookLook Bloggers; all thoughts and opinions herein are that of my own.}

If you are a blogger and your interested in reviewing books for free on your blog check out BookLook Bloggers!

~Kristen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...