Monday, February 24, 2014

The Balm Mini Haul: What I got at their 50% Off Flash Sale!


Hello Lovelies, today I have a review for you on some items I got from The Balm when they had their half off sale a few weeks ago. I got 3 items I had been holding out to purchase until they did another sale, and luckily I lucked up with what I bought since Spring is right around the corner…

I purchased the following: How Bout Them Apples Lip & Cheek Cream Palette; Cindy-Lou Manizer; and Sexy Mama anti-shine translucent powder. I only spent $38 because everything was half off, which literally saved me a lot of money on these items, I pretty much bought one thing and got 2 for free.


Sexy Mama anti-shine translucent powder: this powder is really like any other matte powder out there I believe, it does what it says, it keeps you matte. The only thing I noticed was that after about 4-5 hours I had a little bit of shine around my T-zone. I love the packaging, its very vintage and simple at the same time. I like that its flat and compact for ease of throwing into my bag. Its worth what I paid at $10, however I most likely wont repurchase this product unless its at another half off sale.

Cindy-Lou Manizer {highlighter/shadow/shimmer}: I already own Betty and Mary so when this came out I was really excited, mainly because it is a pink shade. Like the other two in this little series I fell in love with Cindy upon opening the package, it’s a light pink with subtle bits of shimmer that will make you glisten, its gorgeous, I am thrilled to be able to use this during the Spring/Summer as a shadow and to just add a bit of shimmer to my cheeks. Its well worth what I paid at $12, and I would repurchase this if need be later down the road.

How Bout Them Apples Lip & Cheek Cream Palette: I was not intrigued by this palette in the lip department, I was way more intrigued that it was a cheek palette I had seen the preview of this product on some other blogs and thought it would be so nice to have for Spring/Summer and even the Fall. I loved the shades, the packaging, and the fact that its slim and compact. I love palettes like these for the very reason of versatility they offer, The Balm never falls short with this.
  • Cider: this is a pinky nude shade that adds more of a natural look to your cheeks or lips.
  • Cobbler: this is red, it’s a gorgeous shade of red too, this is a bit of color though that if used on the cheeks needs to be blended in well, if used on the lips its like a red lipstick.
  • Pie: This is a beautiful bright pink shade, it too needs to be blended well on the cheeks.
  • Crisp: This one kind of shocked me, it’s a pink but has very subtle gold shimmer in it, it reminds me of a cream Hot Mama Blush by The Balm. Very pretty on the cheeks.
  • Candy: This is a lighter pink, one that doesn’t require as much blending, its almost a mix between pink and coral. I really like it.
  • Caramel: This is a mauvey pink, its pretty, requires some blending, but looks gorgeous.


All of these are have a creamy formula, they are so pretty, so easy to use, and will look amazing in Spring/Summer. I love each of them in their own way, and the good thing is you have 6 easy options to choose for a blush or lip color. I paid $16 for this, I think that is a fair price, I would never pay full price for this item though, I would only repurchase if need be when they had another half off sale.

Have your tried anything new from The Balm? If so, what was it and how did you like it?

~Kristen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...