Monday, April 14, 2014

Good Housekeeping Beauty Awards: What I was surprised to see!

I am going to admit my favorite magazine out there is Good Housekeeping; for good reason, I love the balance the magazine has, it not only features home things but it includes fashion and beauty too, without all those ads being on a million pages before the next topic.

I got my May 2014 issue last week and finally had a chance to open those beautiful glossy pages yesterday afternoon, to my surprise it showcased the GH Beauty Awards; one of my favorite topics in the magazine. I read these pages like no other, and was quite surprised by what they held for the awards. I noticed more drugstore brands won the awards for this magazine; I wanted to share what actually caught my attention the most and why with you.

EYES: Revlon Colorstay 16 hr Quad, featured in the magazine is the shade Inspired.
I actually own quite of few of the quads and recently picked up the shade Inspired because I thought it would look nice for Spring/Summer. I was thrilled to see this one get GH  Lab Tested. Under $8





FACE: Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C BB Cream SPF 20 $15… apparently this one beat out 9 of its competitors. GH Lab Tested.




CHEEKS: Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose $11 at drugstores; This one they marked as a budget buy, and let me just say this is one of my go to products, I love this on my cheeks and its perfect for Spring/Summer.




LIPS: Boots NO7 Stay Perfect Lipstick $10 @ Target; This one has been my favorite for a few years now, I own all the colors from this brand that are actually available at Target because I love them so so much. I was quite shocked this one made their list, but I am so happy about it. GH Lab Tested.  For a crayon, they picked Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick available at drugstores for $9; I was highly shocked this one was their favorite due to all the raving about other brands; GH Lab Tested.




SKINCARE: Olay PRO-X Advanced Cleansing System $30 at drugstores; I am happy to see this item with the GH Seal, I feel for a face brush you don’t need to spend hundreds on some others out there, this one works amazingly.




NAILS: This one really shocks me because of all the hype over Essie, but they picked for Chip Defying Covergirl Nail Polish in Tickled Pink, it’s actually a GH Seal Holder; available at drugstores for $6




$10 & UNDER DEALS; the one thing that I was happy to really see was the Boots Botanics Organic Facial Oil $9 at Target; I have been using this for months, and I love it. They marked this one at Innovative.




Other Beauty items I was happy to see in the May 2014 Magazine:
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadows
- Burts Bee’s Lip Balms
- Aveeno Body Wash

What were your favorites from magazine beauty awards this year? Do you have any cult favorites you would like to shout out?


Happy Monday, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...