Thursday, May 15, 2014

Forgiving Our Fathers & Mothers Finding Freedom From Hurt & Hate By: Leslie Leyland Fields & Dr. Jill Hubbard


Let’s be honest here, forgiving is hard for anyone, it takes a lot of selflessness to really forgive someone, but when it’s someone very close to you it’s even harder. I chose this book because I thought it was a bit different than other books out there on the market, in that sense I was correct, however, I got so angry while reading it, I had to stop. Being someone who comes from a abusive home, in which physical and verbal abuse was daily, I do not in any way see how you can allow small children much less older children around your physical, verbal, and s&xually abusive father; I don’t care if you forgive him, that is your own doing, but to allow innocent children around this man is absurd to me. To me these children should never have been around this man, at least not until they were teenagers and knew the full story and could make their own choice to see him or not. This just baffled me.

Forgiveness is something you do for yourself, not the person dishing out the negative behavior. That person isn’t sitting there going woah is you for their actions, its you sitting there drowning your eyes, heart, and soul of worth, you forgive because its better for YOU.

In the end I don’t recommend this book to anyone, it was so not worth the read to me and went against my thoughts as a Christian, Woman, and Mother.

Disclaimer: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review; all thoughts and opinions herein are that of my own.

Are you a blogger who loves to read, why not do it for FREE?! Check out BookLook Bloggers!

Stay Beautiful, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...