Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hump Day Confessions Round 9: I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY & GOALS


Its Hump Day Y’all and as usual I am linking up with Kathy for Hump Day Confessions, you know so you can get a glimpse into my mind and the things I keep within. Let’s get started...

I confess that I am my BIGGEST enemy. This past week was a bummer for me, I wanted to literally kick the weeks booty out the door but it instead decided to slumber right on my sofa and not help with the grocery bill.


About a month ago I decided to take our big floor mirror out of my room because I was rearranging things and it wasn’t working in the spot I wanted it too, so to the garage it went. I haven’t actually seen myself in a full body mirror for a month you guys. Well, I had ran to my bathroom for something and on my way out I seen my side view through my peripherals, COMPLETE SHOCKER. I think my mouth hit the floor.

Now to be honest I don’t consider myself “fat” only overweight, it’s a much less harsher word, in all honesty I am in good health other than my weight. Some ladies have jumped on that train where they have embraced themselves as being a woman of larger size and they run with it, I wish I could do that but I just cannot do it. I love reading their posts because they are so inspirational and I look up to them but I cannot embrace my size and just love the skin I am in right now. I feel so gross to be honest with you, like the kind of gross where you don’t want to see yourself naked let alone let anyone else see kind of gross.

Come Monday I decided to really do some soul searching, figure out what I really want and what some doable goals are for me. I have decided to add more greens to my diet along with raw fruits and veggies, more water intake, build my walking routine from 1 mile to 5 miles over a span of 2 weeks, get myself into a routine, build up my self esteem, and lastly get ready every day(no pjs except for bed)...

I feel all those are very doable goals for me. I plan to do a weekly update to keep myself on track and share with you guys my journey in hopes of helping someone else out there get their booty in line as well. I just want to be healthy, not skinny, but healthy. I want to weigh the right amount for my heights and look good in my clothing again. I don’t want to see certain parts of my body look the way they do now, but most of all I want to feel good in my own skin again.

Do you have any tips for me? Any books or sites I should check out?

Have a great Hump Day, and don’t forget to check in over on Kathy’s site, she loves being stalked and stalking you in return.

Stay Beautiful, Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about my body. I start a boot camp on June 2 so am hoping that will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. giiirrllll, you've come to the right link up for that jazz. so many awesome bloggers are into fitness and will help you out!

    the key to success is baby steps and remembering that nothing happens overnight. when i first started, i started with ONE thing - detox from junk. so for 2wks, i avoided all garbage food and man, that was tough.

    then after i crossed that off my list and was not eating any more yummy food, i mean garbage (LOL), i started with a 4min tabata workout that was hard enough to feel like i did something yet short enough for me to do it. i mean, who doesn't have four minutes?! so i did that once a day for about a week and a half, then i did it twice a day for about a week.

    then when i felt good about that, i tackled the 30day shred.

    do you see a pattern here? instead of doing everything at once which is a guarantee fail since you get so overwhelmed you just end up quitting, i did it in steps because with each goal i accomplished, i felt more confidence to tackle more (and harder) stuff.

    you can do this!!!

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...