Friday, May 30, 2014

My Beauty Cabinet Secret Weapon!

Happy Friday Y'all; I can this week has kicked my butt, I am one exhausted lady to be honest I haven't slept well all week, have had a huge migraine, and then filled in for the Main Squeeze yesterday at The Shop so he could tend to some other business; but I wanted to share some good information with you today. 

Have you ever purchased something new for your beauty collection, got out of the car and the bag fall on the ground; you stepped on a cosmetic product, your toddler got a hold of you goods while you were in the shower, or just picked up a bad compact at the store and didn't feel like going through all that trouble to exchange it? Well I have many times, and I needed a solution to fix these issues where the actual compact or plastic containing the item was cracked, lip crayon lids are bad for this and so are compacts altogether. A few weeks ago I had pushed a lid down to far on a lip crayon causing the lid to just split on the side, I wanted to fix it because I wasn't tossing it, I decided that there has to be a way to handle this and for cheap. I got the idea of super glue. I went to my local Wal-Mart and found a bottle of brush on super glue for under $4, got home and tried it, and let me just say its my new secret weapon in my beauty cabinet. Works like a charm. Here are some pictures, there are no befores but I will explain what happened to the items. 


//Mineral Fusion Sheer Moisture Lip Tint in Glisten//(fixed 3 weeks ago) this one I pushed the lid down too far by accident causing it to crack on the side. //Wet N Wild Fergie Shimmer Palette//(broken and fixed this morning) this one my daughter dropped on the floor open faced of course and the lid came off the compact. //ZUZU Luxe Bella Donna Blusher//(unknowingly bought broken but fixed this morning) this one I purchased sometime last year and have never used it because the lid was broken off and so I just left it in the box and forgot about it until this morning when I was cleaning my beauty cabinet up. 


This photo shows on the Wet N Wild Fergie Blusher the glue over the crack, its completely dry and sealed back together; opens and closes like new. 


//LOCtite Super Glue Brush-On// What I love about this product is that within 5 minutes your items are fixed, it holds well, its easy to use with the brush, and the scent isn't as strong as I thought it would be; and quite honestly for under $4 its a steal, sure beats having to purchase a new product down the line because it fell or your toddler decided to use it. 

So now you have your bit of beauty info this Friday; If you have any broken or cracked products you can now fix them for cheap. 

What is your beauty cabinet secret weapon?


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's such a good idea. So simple, but so essential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah, thanks for stopping by today(:

      The super glue is such a simple idea but it sure does work, I have fixed many broken plastic compacts so that way I don't have to toss the item or go buy new...it works and does the job wonderfully!

      Delete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...