Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hump Day Confessions Round 14: What the kids say in public

COME LINK UP!
Ahh Wednesday, how I have waited for you, your so much closer to Friday than Monday; and its time for another Confess Sesh (no I am not Catholic) with Kathy and the girls for some mid-week humor to keep us sane until Friday. Let's just get to the point here...Parenting is one of the hardest yet rewarding jobs you will ever have, it has it moments of fun and fear and the occasional fear of others plopped all into one.



//Confession #1// My kids do NOT have brain to mouth filters; they just lay it all out there for you whether you want it or not, and most of the time its times you don't want the thoughts to come out. 

//Confession #2// I occasionally fear the people my kids make comments about, I mean some of them could kill me just by walking towards me, I would die of fright. 

//Confession #3// I sometimes laugh at whatever was said before explaining why they can't say that out loud, parenting drives us all insane we have to find humor somewhere.

//Confession #4// Telling the stories of what my kids say to my mom is fantastic, I imagine it all over again and have a complete belly laugh. 

//Confession #5// Although I do laugh, I always make sure they understand they can't just speak their minds until they are an adult, because then I am not responsible for their mouths. 

//Confession #6// They get it from me, I am blunt. They have good intentions it just comes out wrong. 

Here are some of the amazing things my kids have said in public at the wrong time because of filter failure:

Walking around Target I am in the fitting room or somewhere, my husband and our then very verbal 2 year old daughter says this very loudly to her daddy as they are passing the women's underwear section: That looks like Mommy's noonee {pronounced new knee} {pointing at the woman billboards they have hanging up in that section} -Gaby, then age 2

Standing in the checkout line my then 7 year old son says very loudly "What is that smell, it stinks"...its the person in front of us who looks pretty much homeless buying cigs. -Andrew, then age 7

Walking to the checkout line yesterday at At Home {the new name of garden ridge} my 5 year old son says "Daddy, what is wrong with that mans eyes, why are they like this?"  -Isaiah, then age 5

They have also insult people, yep, while I am getting groceries I have my 5 and 7 year olds talking about peoples body weight in terms of saying fat, when I turn I see my 5yo making gestures of Santa Clause and puffing out his cheeks...{thankfully these people are way far away and cannot hear these kids}

Currently Oliver hasn't said anything crazy while we've been out, but I am sure he will, eventually. Just so you are aware, I do handle these situations as they come, I do NOT condone making fun of people or being rude in public to anyone, and more often than not my kids will apologize to these people whether they knew or not.  I am not one of those parents, please do not take any offense to this post. 

There you have it, things my kids say in public that they shouldn't; you should go read some more humor for your day over at Kathy's place, she like visitors! 

What are some of the things your kids have said while out? Have you heard kids say anything thats really not public talk while out?

19 comments:

  1. oh kids NEVER have filters; that's the most hilarious thing ever. we were in the bathroom, someone farted and kayla laughed and said: SOMEONE FARTED! and continued laughing that of course echoed in the bathroom!

    another time we were in the bathroom: MOMMY, WHY DO YOU HAVE HAIR ON YOUR VAGINA? omfg i was mortified. the two ladies on either side of me started laughing and one of them said: my daughter did that to me too. embarassed for dayyyyyssss!

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I feel your pain, my kids have all asked that same question in the bathroom in public places...and my boys always laugh when people fart in public.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you added the part about them apologizing - now I can laugh without feeling guilty! I don't have kids, but it's one more thing to look forward to (or dread, however you want to look at it) in the future. Thanks for a good chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see I laugh too and feel no guilt, only because I do make them do the right thing which is apologizing.

      Delete
  3. I don't have any kids of my own but I love spending time with them because they honestly do say the most funny/honest/embarrassing things and when they ask questions about the birds and the bees I'm always directing them back to their parents... lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, if you ever need to know anything about the parents just ask the kids, they put it all out there for you

      Delete
  4. Kids say the craziest things sometimes! My son doesn't have a filter either and says some pretty hilarious things. I can't think of any right off the bat though, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids have journals I made them all when I was pregnant and as they've grown I have added parts that are just things they have said or asked me...I figure one day they will get a good laugh too

      Delete
  5. i dont have any kids but i love being around kids with no filter. hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha kids really do say the darndest things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they sure do...they can amaze you with the craziest things from those little traps

      Delete
  7. I'm with the kids, no filter here :) I don't have any kids, but I do know that they can say the darndest things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me either, maybe they get it from me :| either way its great stories for the future

      Delete
  8. Kids never fail to crack me up- they are just so honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes honesty is the best policy, always...this makes me wonder what kids say at school to teachers?!

      Delete
  9. Kids are crazy - they're so funny until they get you in trouble with strangers haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankfully I have never been in trouble with a stranger before, most people just laugh or tell me I am not alone, like when my 5yo what burping on purpose in an isle at target, some lady told me she had 4 kids too that they do outgrow it not to worry lol

      Delete
  10. Haha! I can so see my two year old saying these things in a year or two. She already grills certain people, like she'll break her neck to follow them with her eyes and stare. And she'll also look people up and down. It is so funny but of course I don't let her know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that in little girls, my daughter does this even to this day lol, she will stare at poor people wrinkle her nose or just ask questions that are not ok to ask in public...she is crazy...she gets it honest though

      Delete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...