Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Brand Shopping: Pixi Beauty


Today I thought it would be neat to start a new Series that focuses on certain drugstore brands and what I would recommend to you if we were shopping together at said store...The brand I want to share today is a brand that I just got into maybe 3 years ago that is sold at Target stores and then online at the brands website; Pixi Beauty.

Now at first this brand didn't yell at me, I think the fact that it was something I didn't know much about and the pricing combined somewhat scared me away; however since that first purchase I have completely fell in love with products of this brand. Like most, however, not everything in this line is to die for, but that comes with any brand out there in my opinion, you'll have a brand that's great in face products, or eye products, or even lip products but then they fail in other areas.

So, with that said, here are the items I would suggest to you if we were walking around our local Target sipping on a sweet treat from Starbucks and had catching up our favorite things.


Pixi Flawless Vitamin Veil Foundation: This is a very nice foundation, what I really love about this product is that it is light weight, not cakey when applied, it matches my skin tone perfectly, and it works as a foundation and concealer in one! My skin feels healthier when I wear this over some of my other foundations, and it lasts for a full day on my face without becoming splotchy. Retails for $24 available in 3 shades

Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach: I have tried so many brightening concealers and this one by far is in my top favorites; it doesn't sink into my under eye lines, its not cakey, and it really does brighten the eye area up so I look like I have slept enough when really I am positive I didn't. Retails for $12

Pixi Flawless Finishing Powder-Translucent: I have a ton of face powders, and this one is my favorite of all of them. Like the Vitamin Veil Foundation this powder makes my skin feel so healthy and even looks healthier when I wear this. I like that unlike most translucent powders this one doesn't make my face look like a ghost when applied. Its so lightweight and airy on the skin, fantastic product. Retails for $20

Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Palette in Copper Peach & Plum Quartz: These are some fantastic eyeshadows; there are 5 total palettes you can purchase however I only chose 2 because they are the colors I gravitate to the most. These are really buttery, not flaky which is great considering I wear contacts, and they are great for a one sweep of color when your in a hurry. Retails for $12

Pixi Lid & Line(eyeshadow & eye liner in one): These come in 6 shades, I have them all. What I love about these is that you can literally use these as a one sweep or to add to your eye look depending on what you want. These are so amazing and I use them all the time as bases for my other shadows. Below is a photo of swatches; these retail for $16

L-R Smoky Black; Smoky Brown; Smoky Bronze; Smoky Plum; Smoky Olive; Smoky Mink
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen: These eye liners, they are absolutely my go to eye liner. I love them so much, they last all day, they glide on like butter, and they are true to color. There are 12 shades available, I have swatched 3 for you below; the first 2 are more Fall/Winter type shades for me while the last one is more of a Spring/Summer shade for me and it works well as a inner corner high light too. They retail for $12

L-R: Deep Plum; Copper Glow; Oyster Glow
Pixi Bronze Bloom Trio: This little bit of heaven in the beauty department is my go to for Spring/Summer; it gives you that sun kissed glow without it being over powering. I love the shades and the fact the bronzer is so light and you mix it up with either the pink blusher or the peach blusher depending on the look you want. Swatches below; Retails for $28

L-R: Bronzer; Pink Blush; Peach Blush
Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched: When I am not using the bronzer/blush disc above I use this bronzer all through the year; I like that it is just enough color for me, and in Fall/Winter it just perfect because I don't have a tan. Retails for $18

Pixi Beauty Blush: there are 4 shades of these blushes, they are fantastic for someone like me who doesn't want a ton of cheek color going on. My cheeks are naturally a bit red so adding just a bit of these does the trick for me when it comes to blush. Retails for $16

L-R: Subtly Suntouched Bronzer; Perkiest Pink; Purest Peach; Healthiest Honey; Rosy Rouge
Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm: these were a Spring 2014 release from the line, and to be honest these live in my purse and on my vanity for my go to looks; I love these lip butters, they are smell amazing, moisturize my lips, and add just enough color without being a lipstick. I highly recommend these to anyone! Retails for $8 {see my full review here includes swatches}

This is a very nice range for the drugstore, I have not seen it sold anywhere else other than Target stores and online at target.com and pixibeauty.com; I feel if your looking for more of a natural look this line would be amazing for you. Pixi has just released some new products at Target stores for Fall 2014 so be sure to check the line out the next time your there or look around online too!

Have you tried this line before? Do you love anything about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...