Saturday, September 13, 2014

2 in 1 BookLook Review: Love Letters From God Bible Stories; Best Party Book Ever!


Love Letters from God Bible Stories
Written By: Glenys Nellist
Illustrated By: Sophie Allsopp

I don’t know about you but. I love sharing stories with my children, especially about God and His love for us. Within this book, Love Letters from God Bible Stories, you will find a collection of stories for children from the Bible written in a very fun and easy to understand way including little letters for them from God; the stories are on one page while the little lift the flap letters are on another throughout the book. The illustrations on the pages are fantastic, I have to honestly say this is by far the prettiest book of Bible Stories I have read in a long time. Although this book is not classified as a devotional, it can be used as one for younger children which I really like. I highly recommend this book to parents of smaller children between the ages of 3-9, although the book states it’s for children 4-8, my children are in the age range of 3-9 and loved it; it’s really understandable to them I believe. Fantastic bedtime read!

You can purchase a copy of this book HERE!



Best Party Book Ever! From the Editors of Faithgirlz! and Girls’ Life magazine


I selected this book with the hopes of something really different between the pages considering its written with a Christian perspective; however I was a bit disappointed. Today, with the ability to use the internet, there’s nothing that really stands out to me within this book that I couldn’t find on say Pinterest or with a quick search in Google.  The book basically is a how to plan the perfect party for a tween; it has a month long checklist, good party ideas, things to do at the party, and even some recipes; however, it’s nothing  that I personally couldn’t have found on my own using the internet which was a bit of a disappointment to me as a mom; however I do find this book would be helpful for dads because most dads don’t know a thing about what their daughters want when it comes to birthdays that are wholesome nor how to plan them so if I had to recommend this book it would be to dads!  

You can purchase a copy of this book HERE!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen, Just wanted to stop by to thank you so much for the lovely review of my book! I appreciate it & pray it will be a blessing to your family!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...