Friday, September 26, 2014

Budget Beauty: The Blacks

With Autumn upon us, its nice to know which black shades of eyeshadow are budget friendly to create those smoky looks for all the upcoming events we will be going to; today I have compiled the favorites in my collection to share with you.


I am going to discuss these based on the swatch photo, going from top left to bottom right. Now let's get started! 

Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral Palette- this is a 12 pan eyeshadow palette that is entirely matte. The very last bottom shade is a matte black, and as you can see from the swatch its very intense, no shimmer or glitter, completely matte. 

Sonia Kashuk Up In Smoke Eye Quad- this is one of the newer releases for the line, it came out in Spring and is honestly one of my favorites. Now, the darkest color in the quad is a really pretty charcoal black, its not completely black, but its beautiful just the same. It does have a satin finish, so when the light hits it just right its amazing. 

Pixi Beauty Lid & Line Pen in Smoky Black- this is a 3 in 1 tool that I have loved for a few years now. I love this because it makes doing my eye makeup easier because not only does it have the black shadow it has the liner, and a smudger! The one drawback with this is you have to be super careful using it because of how its made there will be some fallout, but its not as bad as some others I have tried. The shadow itself is intense with flecks of black glitter, remember that if you wear contacts, it has glitter, not shimmer, but glitter...

L'Oreal Infallible 24hr eyeshadow in Eternal Black- Like the one above, this one too is intense on the black but it does contain glitter, not as chunky but its glitter none the less. What I really love about this one is that its really blendable and they are so buttery smooth while lasting such a long time. 

Milani Bella Eyes in Bella Black, satin matte- this is a gel powder eyeshadow; it goes on like butter and is really intense on the black. The one thing I did notice about this, while you cannot see it in the swatch, in the direct sunlight the shadow has some shimmer to it, but its not going to mess up your look at all. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo The Leathers in Dramatic Black- this is the only cream shadow I will mention; I love this one because it can be multi-purpose if you need it too, not only using it as a shadow but a liner. This one does take a careful hand and a few coats to get the black that was swatched on my hand, I believe I did 3. Overall a great one though, and if your patient to work with it, will be completely fine. 

All of these are in the permanents line at your local drugstore; I did not mention anything that would be limited edition, and everything here is under $20 with the most expensive thing being the first palette mentioned; so very budget friendly. 

Have you tried any of these out? What is your go to deep color for a smoky eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...