Tuesday, October 07, 2014

90's Grunge Done My Way


The 90's, honestly I don't remember a lot of that decade other than late nights on my bike, roller blading, and braces; that is until I start watching Friends or see pictures of people from that time. I am not sure why the 90's has sparked such a big trend honestly, there is nothing that great about the makeup in that time other than big full brows, a dark lip, and light eyes which to be honest most people cannot pull off well, I mean unless your a model I just don't see it working out well. But, pushing my personal opinion of that decade aside I decided to browse my collection and pull out 5 items that I feel would make the grunge list...

Considering the 90's was more about the natural complexion, more pale looking face, we are focusing on the eyes and lips here. *Each item is linked to a review of the item, all items can be found either online or in store for purchase.

EYES:
//Maybelline The Nudes Palette// this is no where near a dupe for the Urban Decay Nakeds, however it is a beautiful collaboration of more natural shades that can be blended to get the grungy look.

//Hard Candy Birthday Suit Palette// this one is honestly a great pick for a drugstore all matte palette; I really like that these can be blended to give you a grungy look or a more natural look if your going for that darker lip, plus its all matte which is a lot of what the 90's makeup looked like from what I have found.

//Revlon Colorstay Quad in Adventurous// This one is a good little quad to give you a grungy look without spending a lot of money, these are under $5 in my local store and very handy to just get you a simple look without being too much. 

LIPS:
//Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mink// this is a total Monica from Friends lip color, its such a caramel brown color that is perfect for honestly everyone in my opinion. 

//Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Ingenue// this is the option if your not really ready to plunge into that super dark lip yet; this shade is super buttery and goes on really well, non-drying, holds well on the lips, and it looks like caramel when swatched!

Have you tried any of these products? Will you be trying the 90's grunge look for Autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...